Knitting Community

I love seeing photos of hand dyed yarns, they're always so beautiful in the skein. Show me your yarn! Please!

Views: 8488

Replies to This Discussion

Wow1 That is a lot of yarn. You have enought to make just about anything you want. You could possibly knit a sweater, a shawl, a hat and matching scarf, and maybe have enough for mittens, too. ♥s
:) I wish! Most patterns I see call for about 1600 yards of yarn. I've only got enough for a third of a sweater.
Try 198 Yards of Heaven ( a nice scarf pattern that could be converted into a shawl very easily)... I did one in worsted weight, 385 yards, and it was big enough... with 560, you could make a very nice shawl. ♥s
That's a great pattern! I like it! Thanks!
Put on your sunglasses! Here are the "Double Blank" fair isle type stranded socks I made from TWO sock blanks that I dyed:

I just finished another 3 pairs of socks from two other blanks - just plain vanilla stockinette to show the colors fully. Soon, I'll get some photos of those...I LOVE dyeing the sock blanks! I'm using Jacquard acid dyes and it is surprising how little dye powder is needed for each "experiment".

Terry
Veru nice! ♥s
These are really cool. I love how the gradiated color in the yarn takes care of your fair isle color changes.
Cool beans! They look great!!! :o)
so beautiful! what a great idea!
Seeing these socks on Ravelry last year made me rush out a purchase the KP sock blanks and Jacquard Dye kit. They are very inspiring--totally awesome!! Thanks for another motivating view of your georgeous project!!
I really love these socks! That is such a great idea! I'm going to have to try that sometime.
Oh, my! Those are gorgeous, and they look like fun to knit!

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service