Knitting Community

I love seeing photos of hand dyed yarns, they're always so beautiful in the skein. Show me your yarn! Please!

Views: 8484

Replies to This Discussion

Oh I really love the second colorway so much!!  That mer/ten is calling my name!  Gorgeous!

Thanks Wendy and Bren :) I just love how shiny Mer/ten is. I'm ordering more tomorrow . . . along with some polwarth/silk since i keep drooling over YOUR creations. need.more.wool.

Aloha All and Happy May 1st! 

In Hawaii, May 1st or "May Day" is a day to celebrate Hawaiian culture and is signified by wearing a lei. "May Day is Lei Day" is a famous saying on the island and we would wear leis all day or gift them to beloved friends and family. In honor of May Day, I've created a 30% off coupon code on all existing yarn and fiber for the rest of the week.

Come by and browse the shoppe, and use coupon code MAYDAY for 30% off your total purchase.

Much Aloha, christina

You are so generous, Christina!

Aloha All - here are some new listings on the shoppe, all in colorway LAVENDER FIELDS :)

These two are superwash merino/nylon fingering yarn and merino/silk roving:

and in superwash merino/cashmere/nylon fingering yarn:

enjoy!

I think I more than dropped enough the last time in your shoppe! But Lavender Fields is scrumptious.

PS: It all arrived safely!

Mine all arrived today... gorgeous!  Can't wait to get started on my cotton...

Yay! I'm glad it all arrived safely Cheryl and Susan. I've been tracking the packages online, but it's always nice to hear when all arrives well.

Oh Susan - I'm still spinning my cotton roving on my Golding spindle. I'm able to draft a little bit at a time since the staple length is so short but still manage to drop the spindle every so often! LOL!

Good to know about your cotton, I'm saving mine until next week.  DH is getting me a faster flyer for my Sonata, and I think that might allow me to spin mine on a wheel.  I'll let you know if it works. 

oh, yes - please do! i know some spinners do spin cotton on their wheels. i might try that after I spin some more on my spindle. i think my Joy has a decent 'fast' speed so hopefully there's enough twist for cotton.

My smallest whorl is 12:1, but the faster flyer goes up to 18:1... still not sure if that is fast enough, but I'll know for sure next week.

it's almost summer! here's BEACH UMBRELLA PASTEL in merino/tencel lace yarn and Polwarth roving

enjoy and happy mother's day weekend!

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service