Knitting Community

Here is my current favorite - he sits on my desk & guards it from thieves.

(Frances from Danger Crafts made with Merino Style)

Show off your toys - I always need new toy patterns!

Views: 459

Replies to This Discussion

see that's exactly what i would do but then I would see #4 and etc etc etc...lol
Blinders, Anita, blinders. lol

By the way, how is your mom? I hope she is doing well. She is, as always, in my prayers.
Me, too!
I have four spindles, but I really only use my Golding and my KP Turkish drop spindle. I guess I have been able to resist the temptation to buy more spindles because I have--not to brag, you understand--a spinning wheel. I do enjoy looking at all the lovely spindles, though, as well as the fiber on them!
Yep, that's what I really want. You're not bragging, you are lucky! I'm going back to the fiber show today, and I hope to try out one of the Marjacraft (sp???) if I'm lucky. Maybe there will be some others I can try too.
Majacraft, from New Zealand, I think.
You are right, it is from New Zealand. I wondered if the 'r' belonged there. Found out today that it doesn't, as I got to try out the Rose by Majacraft. What a nice wheel. It comes with 4 bobbins, lazy kate, 2 flyers, and a 2nd whorl all for $885.00. I have no idea if that is a good price or not, but then I'm just trying to see which works for me better now. Then I got to watch another woman try out the Aura. Look here to see what they say. It is a real beauty, and the lucky lady trying it out really liked it.
That's not bragging at all. I want more spindles and more time to use them.:)

A soft, squishy bear.  It was quite an easy knit, but oh how I hated sewing it all up.  Next one will be knitted in the round.  He is a gift for my DD, with two more for her friends if she receives this one enthusiastically.

This bear looks familiar! I think I have the pattern. I'm with you on knitting these things in the round!

It's a Debbie Bliss pattern.  Mine is probably much larger than it is supposed to be.  I used her Cashmerino Aran weight yarn.  So nice to work with.  If I'm not mistaken, I think this is the bear pattern Knit4many used for her avatar.  I always smile when I see her avatar picture, it's so cute.  I also used Morning Glory Cluster Stuff, which is a down-like stuffing fiber to fill the bear with.  I really like how soft and squishy it made the bear.  This would be perfect for Miss Daphne!!!  She needs a bear to go with her little bunny, and her future Mr. Foster monkey!!! 

As for doing it in the round, the only thing that doesn't appeal to me is purling.  I found that rather difficult on 5 DPNs last winter.  But now that I know how to do the magic loop, maybe it won't be so awkward. 

Maybe that's why he looks so familiar

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service