Knitting Community

This weekend I dyed a batch of Leicester Longwool that I'd had a while... the fiber looks marvelous!

This afternoon I tried spinning this long stuff!  And I mean it is long... the shortest lengths are at least 6" long... and some are evenlonger.  It wants to be spun finely... it will not go thick at all.  It was so hard to spin that I tried making a rolag and that was a little bit better, but still difficult... So I just finished carding the whole pile... well it's only 10 oz. and fits into a gallon zip lock baggie...Here is the first part of the spinning I did today... this will be a very slow process.

Views: 5418

Replies to This Discussion

How pretty!  I would love to see the final product!  

If I get a pic, I'll post it.

Wowsers!  That's some lovely spinning and I love the color!

My DD does some very good work... I think she is a natural... started to say she takes after her mom, but she has totally surpassed me!

Oh wow!  All of them look great!  And in one day!  Holy spinning!!

That is what I thought... the most I can do in an entire day is about 2 skeins, and that is if I'm doing it marathon style. 

Being a huge fan of blues/purples, this is absolutely wonderful! I cannot believe she did all this in one night!! Are they all 2-ply yarns? Gorgeous!

Yes, Christina, ALL 2-plies... I'm really impressed with her work.  I have this skein of handspun/hand-dyed cormo that she sent for my birthday... I really need to figure out what to knit with it... I think it's 168 yards - probably DK to worsted.

Beautiful! Takes after her mom.

Thanks!

what a fantastic gift! it's beautiful :)

Thanks!  it is super, super soft and squishy.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service