Knitting Community

This weekend I dyed a batch of Leicester Longwool that I'd had a while... the fiber looks marvelous!

This afternoon I tried spinning this long stuff!  And I mean it is long... the shortest lengths are at least 6" long... and some are evenlonger.  It wants to be spun finely... it will not go thick at all.  It was so hard to spin that I tried making a rolag and that was a little bit better, but still difficult... So I just finished carding the whole pile... well it's only 10 oz. and fits into a gallon zip lock baggie...Here is the first part of the spinning I did today... this will be a very slow process.

Views: 5419

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, I'll check out the video and give it a try this weekend!  :)

You're welcome!  I was planning on doing this to some merino I've had before I even had any means to spin.  It's sitting right next to the wheel, so that's what is up next.  Good luck!

Hi ladies!!  I've been hard at work filling up my etsy shoppe!  I have some pretty new rovings that I'll get posted in the dye along forum in a few but here's what I've been spinning!!  These were all dyed by me.  I've really been experimenting with different fibers and I'm having so much fun!! 

Honey Comb in Falkland

Gypsy Spring Art Yarn- BFL, Kid Mohair Locks, Bamboo, Banana Fiber, Sparkel, Tencel

Gold Fish Pond in Finnish 

Egg Hunt in Polwarth

Gorgeous!  Love the colors.

WOW those are all so pretty - Love the Egg Hunt and Honey Comb!

Love Honey Comb!  And your spinning it fantastic!  Great job!

Gypsy Spring and Egg Hunt...oh my!  Lurve these :))

Beautiful! 

I just finished drying my skein of Polwarth after it's dyeing today... It weighs 2.2 ounces, 124 yards of DK weight (14 WPI) - Color: Salmon.

Beautiful Susan!!  It looks wonderfully squishy!!

LOVE!!!  And my daughter wants to know what you're making her. . . she thinks you took the fleece that we recently dyed and spun it for her because it's a similar color.  Oh to be 3 and think the world revolves around you. . .

That's so cute.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service