Knitting Community

Fantasm Shawl

A couple of the CAL members are interested in this shawl as a crochet-a-long for September. Please join the group and post your progress in this forum.

Views: 927

Replies to This Discussion

I have to admit my Fantasm is now a UFO until after Christmas. I'm pleased with my progress though. I've completed 9 shells per side, and my goal is to have 12. That may be too big. In these pics, I have roughly pinned it, and where the tape measure is, it is 45 inches. I forgot to measure the depth.
Looking good. 
It is whatever makes you happy! Most of the time I prefer large shawls.

My Fantasm Shawl is Finished! 

62" across the top, 31 inches center length...unstretched.

That's great! I love the center stripe, a great way to be sure you're doing it right. (  I bet that would be warm if you used a thicker yarn... hmmm....
How lovely!  I also like that center stripe.
It is very lovely. I can't wait to get back to work on mine. 
Are you going to give it to her for her birthday after all?

Thank you all.  :-)

It'll still be a Mother's Day gift.  Want to add a mother of pearl shawl pin.

Diana, it's beautiful!  And a MoP shawl pin will be a wonderful compliment.  Are you going to make the pin?  Or do you have a source for buying one?  MoP is one of my favorites, so I have motives for asking! =))
I've seen some in catalogs sent to the house.  ie.Mary Maxim  I would like to go to a LYS and check out their selection.  I haven't seen any KP Mother of Pearl styles...have you?
No, I haven't.  And I don't like most of the ones I have seen.  I think I'm just going to bead one for myself, maybe on a coiled wire base.  I like MoP beads, but the big, round, solid circle type of shawl pins don't appeal to me.

I want something besides the round ones I've seen.  I vaguely remember another shape but can't place where I saw it.  Plenty of time still. 

Though....I'll have to rummage through my beads...I may make something nicer than I can purchase. 

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service