Knitting Community

Aloha! You all knew this was coming . . . show off your hand dyed roving or fiber!!

I dyed up my first batch of KP's Superwash Merino/Nylon and Merino/Silk - so yummy, fluffy, soft and heavenly . . .

Please post your photos and comments - Can't wait to see all your creations!

Here is my SW Merino/Nylon:

and the Merino/Silk:

~ christina

Tags: dyed, dyes, hand, knit, merino, roving, silk, spinning, superwash, wool

Views: 16221

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, yes, yes!  And you'll take me along as your interpreter!  I speak fluent Italian!  When do we leave?

Oh goodness!  That does sound like a lovely dessert!  I'll have to think about it.  Especially because it seems to me we found one in a book/mag here that we hadn't tried yet and I said we'd do that for my bday.  ::sigh::  Part of the prob with a bday only coming once a year and so many extra specials to try out!  (Meaning the times I get to choose the dessert! =) )

Christina, that is a great idea!  You and Jo should definitely go.  When should I join the two of you?  lol

Nutty, if this is what you decide upon, and try the recipe, let us know what you think of it.  I was just saying to DH the other night, (while we shared a huge piece of it) that I'd like to try making this sometime.  (hate to cook, love to bake)

I just went searching for recipes.  I can now assure you that I will NOT be making this for my birthday!  The pictures I saw earlier looked luscious.  Reading the recipe helped me know how it will taste....which is 'awful' in my book since I absolutely can't stand coffee! =(

Sorry to disappoint you! =(

I could act as interpreter if you want to go to Germany. But most people there speak enough English that you could meet your needs. :-{ Guess I'm not needed.

No, you didn't disappoint me, it's your birthday treat.  You should have what you like, not what someone else likes.  But I will say this, my DH does not like nor drink coffee at all, and he really does like this dessert.  I'm not a huge coffee drinker, usually one cup a week, some weeks none at all, others maybe 2 cups. 

ah ha! so that's your Krytonite, Ms Nutty. (insert maniac laugh here)

Whew!!  She only thinks it's like Krytonite (not Kryptonite!)!  HaHaHa!  Fooled her, didn't I! =))

I'm feeling punchy today, can you tell?

ha ha ha!! oh, don't tell my hubby i misspelled Kryptonite!! not only is he a huge Superman fan, but he worked on the movie Superman Returns. oh - shame on me!!

No worries!  It totally wasn't your fault the keys were sticking on your keyboard!  But it sure saved my bacon! =)

Ooo, Christina!  I may just need to get more of that roving, but not just yet.  I still need to spin up the 2nd hank I got from you and ply it.  Then we'll see what the yardage is.  But, most likely..... keep that recipe handy!

will do!! i'd like to try a version myself and see how gray vs brown it is. isn't that interesting?? hmmmmm

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service