Knitting Community

Aloha! You all knew this was coming . . . show off your hand dyed roving or fiber!!

I dyed up my first batch of KP's Superwash Merino/Nylon and Merino/Silk - so yummy, fluffy, soft and heavenly . . .

Please post your photos and comments - Can't wait to see all your creations!

Here is my SW Merino/Nylon:

and the Merino/Silk:

~ christina

Tags: dyed, dyes, hand, knit, merino, roving, silk, spinning, superwash, wool

Views: 16243

Replies to This Discussion

Love it, as usual.  I sound like I'm repeating myself, don't I?

WOW, Nutty Tea is amazing. And that Woodland is amazing.

aloha all and happy monday! this weekend we were able to see our 3-yr old godson who recently moved back (with his parents and sister) to the US from Switzerland. last time we saw him was at his baptism in January 2011 so this was a wonderful reunion. he lived on a mountain called Pilatus and is the inspiration for this week's first color.

PILATUS in merino/bamboo/nylon roving

and merino/cashmere/nylon fingering yarn

and the inspirational photo

enjoy!

This is one of my fav of your inspirational pics... of course, the fiber/yarn isn't bad either.  LOL 

mine too! the weather was overcast for most of the week we were in Switzerland then the last day there the sun broke through and i was able to take this photo. so many shades of blue :)

I'm not sure I've ever seen so many different shades of blue on one pic, I think that is what draws me to it.

This is what I get for trying to sneak in my own playing on the computer while helping DH with business things!  I typed this reply:

I've always love these blues!

and then didn't post it! =)

Oh how pretty!  Into my favs it goes!!  I really love this one Christina!!

I've run out of superlatives to describe your work Christina!  I am very enamored of this photo and roving :D)

Beautiful!  Hope you had tons of fun with your DGS. 

thanks so much everyone! we did have great fun with our Godson and family members. it's amazing that i didn't realize how much i had missed them until i was hugging and kissing them then it hit me. maybe i was trying to put it out of my mind so i wouldn't be sad :) it is great having them back near us, but we've also had fun visiting them in New Zealand and Switzerland - gave us a great excuse to travel!

so, to continue on the 'Swiss' theme this week, how about some

SWISS CHOCOLATE in merino/tencel roving

and superwash merino fingering yarn

enjoy!

Wow! Nice!

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service