Knitting Community

Aloha! You all knew this was coming . . . show off your hand dyed roving or fiber!!

I dyed up my first batch of KP's Superwash Merino/Nylon and Merino/Silk - so yummy, fluffy, soft and heavenly . . .

Please post your photos and comments - Can't wait to see all your creations!

Here is my SW Merino/Nylon:

and the Merino/Silk:

~ christina

Tags: dyed, dyes, hand, knit, merino, roving, silk, spinning, superwash, wool

Views: 16221

Replies to This Discussion

hi thats great! but how do you braid it like that?
hi susan - i am not sure if i'm doing it correctly, but i just took one end and made a big loop (like you're tying a knot), and gently pulled the loop thru, twist the loop half a turn so the bottom is twisted, then pull more of the roving through the loop you just made to make another loop. i just kept doing that until i used up all the roving.
That sort of sounds like crocheting a big fat chain.
Christina, I will be doing a batch on Monday... I'll be sure to post pics... and yes, how do you make a braid like that?
can't wait to see your creations, susan! I think i pressed 'send' about the same time you did, so see above for what i did. i think i might dye up more this weekend - it was great fun.

the merino/silk color wasn't as bold as the SW merino - i wonder if it's the silk that doesn't take the color as well . . . or maybe my dye wasn't as strong with the merino/silk. . . hmmmm

i can't wait to see what others find out!
I really like the softness of the colors in your merino/sil. Really, really pretty. What dyes did you use?
thanks! i am surprised and happy at the outcome. it was my first 'attempt' at dyed roving as well as using permanent dyes!
For the SW Merino, I used Jet Black Jacquard dye and for the purple, I mixed Fire Red with Sapphire Blue.
For the M/Silk, I used Jet Black as well (but it came out grey) and mixed Fire Red with a touch of Sapphire Blue for a deep red/rose color.
Hope that helps!

this is my first attempt
Attempt? Accomplished, if you ask me!
well thank you!
i LOVE it! now, you'll have to tell us what dyes you used for this color!
2 tablespoons of jacquard acid dye colour purple

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service