Knitting Community

Aloha! You all knew this was coming . . . show off your hand dyed roving or fiber!!

I dyed up my first batch of KP's Superwash Merino/Nylon and Merino/Silk - so yummy, fluffy, soft and heavenly . . .

Please post your photos and comments - Can't wait to see all your creations!

Here is my SW Merino/Nylon:

and the Merino/Silk:

~ christina

Tags: dyed, dyes, hand, knit, merino, roving, silk, spinning, superwash, wool

Views: 16221

Replies to This Discussion

This is one of my fav colorways... of course, I love chocolate, too...

Saved by the wool!  Had it been BFL/silk it would be gone!!

You know you need it!  lol

I do have a birthday this month.......And I am gravitating toward browns these days......And it's Chocolate for goodness sake!! =)  Alas,  it's not BFL/Silk.......which I'm also pretty addicted to!

Yep, I remembered that.  I do too, but I'm not getting any older I decided - lol. 

Normally I'm not a brown person, but lately I've been really drawn to it.  Is it a "March" thing, or the need for Chocolat?  Lots and lots of chocolate!    I've got to agree with you when it comes to BFL.  Love that stuff.  I hope to procure one of these fleeces sometime this year.  Love, love, love BFL. 

I'm trumping you on that!  I'm considering some of the wool on the hoof!! =))

ETA:  Happy Birthday!! (A little early, but I'm usually late, so you are a privileged friend this year! LOL)

LOL!  And thank you.  I hope your birthday is magnificent this year.  Go ahead, get the yarn from Christina, and your wool on the hoof!  I'd love to have my own BFL.  Any idea how many sets of little hooves you might get? 

Thanks.  I'm planning a big pan of lasagna for dinner, don't know what else may transpire for some celebrating.  I leave that up to the Tribe.  They're old enough to come up with their own ideas  now! =)

If I had the $$  I would order the yarn.....

Since it's only a dream right now to get the sheep, any number works! =))

If it actually happens in the future, though, 4-6 would be what I'm looking at......for starters!

Hmmmmmmm, lasagna!  Sounds delicious.  Will the tribe make it as well?  Do we need to let some of the tribe and the chief know what you really want for your special day?  I had pistachio and pine nut encrusted white fish for mine - delicious! 

I can't believe the Wee One is one week old already!   

Yep!  No cooking for me.  Well, not on a regular basis anyway, and I don't usually pick it up for my birthday, either.  Although I do help when we have an extra load for some reason.  Or if it's a new recipe, or something like that.  Cowgirl is on cooking duty right now and will probably be the one to make dessert, too.  As soon as I figure out what I want.

As to informing anyone what would be very welcome in the gift department.....The Tribe pretty much knows what to do.  It's just DH who could probably use some help.  But, then again, he may have been paying a little closer attention these last few months, so.......I'll just wait it out and see! =))  Now if anyone should happe to ask you...... feel free to spill all the cool beans!!  =)))

Ohhhh, that sounds so nice.  My sisters and I used to have to cook dinners regularly too.  (My youngest sister always managed to get away with opening a can of LaChoy Chow Mein.  :o(  And she turned out to be the best cook amongst the 5 of us - lol)    How about Tiramisu for dessert?  Hmm, hmm, I love that!  I don't know how much work it is though.  All of a sudden I just wondered if Christina has done a colorway called Tiramisu.  Now that would be a very nice birthday present! 

and will do, if asked :o)

ah, i love TIRAMISU! hmm, i don't have a colorway from that dessert but will add to the 'future' list. dontcha think i'll need to take a trip to Italy to get the 'right' colors from the source? i think so :)

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service