Knitting Community

If you have a favorite recipe (or several) that saves time, but is nutritious and tasty, please share it with us.

First some ground rules, to keep this working smoothly: Post your recipe in a new comment (in the box right under this that says "Reply to This." Then use the "Reply" button to add comments about the recipe or ask questions about it. Some chitchat is bound to happen, and that's OK. See a recipe you want to save? Just print screen or copy and paste to a new document. Try to keep your directions clear, and explain where to get any unusual ingredients. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Tags: Spinning, cooking, recipes, time-saving.

Views: 1892

Replies to This Discussion

Sure, no problem!  I had no idea this thread was even here... thanks for sharing it with me.

Enjoy the yumminess, everybody!

A new spinning friend of mine told me about this recipe. I tried it this evening, and they are delicious... I cut the recipe in half and it made a 8x8 pan of 16 "brownies"..

Sweet Potato Brownies

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups grated raw sweet potatoes
1 cup chopped pecans

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar together. Add remaining ingredients in order listed, stirring after each addition. Spread batter in a greased 9x13x2-inch pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Spread glaze over brownies while hot. Cool before cutting. Makes 24 servings.

Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbl butter, melted
2-3 Tbl milk

For glaze, mix powdered sugar, butter, and enough milk to make a thin glaze. Spread over hot brownies.

It counts as a vegetable!

And they taste so, so good.

sounds delicious!

Ooh, that sounds good. Did you know that sweet potatoes is one of the foods King should eat sparingly because of his kidney stones? Isn't that weird? Though he was glad to see beets on the list because he hates them. Pickled beets is one of my faves!

Mine, too! But you can always throw them on your plate. They don't have to be mixed with his food.

That is what I do.

One of my customer's husband grows lots of stuff for the Farmer's Market and she brings me beets, onions, okra, zukes, etc.  We have some beets at home that she brought and we've had them harvard style, and cold in sour cream.  We've got more that will be made into pickled beets with onions.  One of my all-time favorites.

what is "harvard" style?

It's cooked beets in a thick sweet & sour sauce - sugar, vinegar & corn starch.

Hmmm, I've never heard of this before.  My DH would probably like these, but I'm no beet lover.  Or should I say, I'm not a lover of beets - lol. 

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service