Knitting Community

Voila! I am so excited. I'm going to wear this thing all the time. Despite my fairly major mistake (thanks for the advice Allison!), it all came out all right. I can't wait to start my next one. Hehe.

Tags: Done, Finished, photos, pictures

Views: 653

Replies to This Discussion

Fantastic!!!!
I love how your cardi turned out. Thanks for the inspiration - I need to get back to mine.
Looks super cute - great work!
~Susan
Oh, gorgeous! And your front bands and hem look so polished and professional. Excellent job!
I was just about to comment on how nice the front bands and hem look. But Amy, your sweater turned about beautifully. I also really like the colors that you chose.
It looks great! Congratulations on being first done (I think) :o)
Beautiful! Please tell us what colors you used. Very, very nice job with the band. Awesome colors.

Did you omit the short row shaping for the neck? Love the higher neckline.
Thank you all for the compliments!
My colors were Midnight Shadow for the MC and Hush Shimmer for the CC.
I did not omit the short row shaping, but I did the minimum in the pattern. I am very short waisted and forgot to factor this in and just knit to pattern even though my numbers were a bit off due to the previously mentioned marker placement mistake. The neck is a little higher than I might have chosen, but I kind of like it.
That's fantastic!!!

I am totally in awe of you! Great job!!
That is beautiful and you did a great job, I don't blame you for wanting to wear it all the time, I just got my yarn, yet to cast on. Irene
Oh, good, another person as far behind as I am. Unless you are talking about your second sweater. My friend tells me that I am not in a knit a long but a knit behind. I just finished washing my swatch and will measure gauge and cast on tonight. I'm not totally happy with my colors but have tried two and will just go with one.
Very nice job and beautiful colors!
I'm so amazed that you are finished with your sweater, steek and all!! I was ready to scrap mine, but now I'm encouraged to start over. Enjoy all the compliments you will get when you wear it.
This is wonderful. I love the color contrast and your knitting is awesome. Wear it proudly. Oh, you didn't mention what colors you are using for your next sweater........or did you!

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service