Knitting Community

Tags: Lily, Nupps, Scarf, Valley, of, on, the

Views: 1269

Replies to This Discussion

holy moley these are awesome!! i'm so inspired! I just started my first lace project last week (i promised myself i would try to start ONE lace project before the year's end) and it's slow going - ha ha ha ha. i've already missed some yarn-overs and had more stitches than i casted on at one point, but that's ok i'm going to keep plugging away at it and eventually it will look like a scarf. . . hopefully. i can't fathom completing something has beautiful as these!!

I didnt think I could do it either. To pick up dropped or missed yarn overs you can pick up the bar between stitches. Lifelines and stitch markers between each repeat helps a lot to. I count each stitch to make sure I have enough between each marker. YO's have a nasty habit of slipping over markers so watch for that.

i've got the stitch markers between the repeats but thanks for the tip about the lifelines and dropped stitches ! i'll definitely be using lifelines now :)

Another one of the blocking mats. Almost done with the red/white striped one as well. Here is #10 that qualifies for the 11in2011 group. One isn't wide enough to count. boo hoo.

Oh yes!  This one is beautiful!!  Which pattern is it?

Midsummer mystery. Its big. 700+ yards big.

And VERY pretty...love the colors.

Thank-you to both of you. The yarn is dream in color its native a merino/mohair mix. Comes in 1000 yard skeins.

Wonder if I could do an EZ pi shawl with my other skein?

I would thin you could, no problem.  It just might not be as big as some others.

I could always start out with my left over pink and then go to the other one, a purplish red color. Maroon or something like that.

You have me drooling!  I think that would be a gorgeous PI shawl!

I did it! Here is the 11th that qualifies. Below is the previous #11 that didn't qualify because of width.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service