Knitting Community

Hi All,
I am Janice & live in the UK, U been doing socks now for about 2-3 years this was after many years of failing to do what i call a proper sock with heel ect as the only ones i had done was either tubular or two needle ones.
I have just secured my 1st paying order for socks which i am working on now these are 2 pairs of ladies socks which i have in my album a cotton pair & a Bamboo pair plus 2 men's pairs i have done one which i also have just put in my album they are Irish Colour
I will be starting the 2nd pair of men's to complete the order i think i will use the Irish Colour range again but it will be a different colour.
All my sock knitting has been what you can say is plain in that i do the rounds in knit stitch after the 1 x 1 rib i tend to use self-patterning yarns in the most part so the socks are different that said my DH is a fussy one he likes solid/plain colours so for him i do those that said he did say that he liked the Irish colour that i just completed trouble is i don't have another ball of that as most of the time when i get my Online yarn (that the name of the maker) i get it in lots of 8 balls 1 of each of the colours in the different ranges
I am waiting on a delivery of a range called Canadian Colour i get them from Germany, i have other ones in their range such as Emotion all which are a 4 ply yarn i also have a 6 ply range called Wellness which has Aloe Vera in
Well i hope to get to know you all better & thank you for letting me join, you all have a good day take care
Hugs Janice

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

No it easier to just knit him plain lol & either knit other yarns for orders or gifts or for myself lol
Hugs Janice
Yes, socks for yourself! You deserve socks for yourself!
Hi Peggy
Not too sure about dyeing socks yarn
Hugs Janice
Hi Cheryl
Oh i will make sure i do some for me i also have a range called Emotion & that so soft i love that one as well lol
Hugs Janice
You could overdye the whole thing when it's done. That way, you have the fun of seeing the colors change, and then dull down the effect later. You could still have the stripes, but they would be very muted. You can do them in a jar in the sun, so there's no mess! Of course, you have to have sun.
Yes it raining again here, i never had great success in dyeing items even clothes lol
Hugs Janice
Dyeing plant-based fibers is difficult, I think. Protein fibers are much easier. Can you get food coloring there? That works. You just need to add a little vinegar to the water.
Good Afternoon All
I hope you all are well, i have had the new yarn i said about called Canadian Colour if you like to see it if you go to http://craftlady-searchfamilies.blogspot.com/ which is my blog you will see the yarn on there
Well i hope you all have a great day take care
Hugs Janice
It looks great! I see you're a quilter, too! Have you checked out the Quilt With Us forum at Connecting Threads? I quilt as well and am currently making a Double Wedding Ring Quilt.
Yes Peggy
I am on the forum there am on the Newbie one
Hugs Janice
What a very nice blog. I think the Canadian Colour 1290 would be a great sock for a man. If he won't wear it, overdye it.
It is nice Cheryl but not my favourite it is greys with some light colour & brown & dark blues in
Hugs Janice

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service