Knitting Community

Some may or may not know me but i am looking for knitters to knit fingerless mitts for a charity i am trying to start. I got the OK to donate from my current dialysis center. A lot of dialysis patients suffer from steal syndrome making their hands really cold as they dialyze so I and others are knitting mitts where i will donate them in mid to late April. There is a minimum of a 3" on the cuff so that it doesnt cover the access area. I chose to do fingerless mitts so people can still hold a book, use the remote control or use a laptop. If you are interested in makingbmitts send me a message and i can give you shipping info. Also post your pics of mitts here.

Views: 296

Replies to This Discussion

Ooh thanks Peggy. Is it possible to put fliers at the cafe? My birthdays in October too. Making myself the LLP star trek mitts only with a fully covered thumb. The pattern with the enterprise on the front. Got some special yarn just for the project.
I can take the fliers to all the yarn shops and No Worries, and any other kind of place you think is appropriate!
I can do that too!
But not yet, it needs some tweeking, the flier that is. When its ready post wherever they will let you. I saw a knitters group one at the grocery store!
We will be ready when you are!
We're up to 50 pairs of mitts delivered!
And I hope to have some on the way soon! They are still drying.
Mine still need a bath. Is it sunny down there? In the summer I dry things outside on hangers. My sock blockers have a little hole on top which I stick through the pokes on the table umbrella. Dry in no time, but then again you have that humidity. Or I lay them on a towel on the outside table.

Heres a hint dont make errors with black yarn. I can barely see what I'm doing. Its lemon filled donut time to cope.
Donuts can help us cope.
And they are yummy too.
I know what you mean about black yarn! That's Zephyr time! They pick up the light, so I can see the sts.
Oh now I'm confused zephyr is a lace yarn company I think. I have some zephyr lace. Everything is all fixed on it now and ready to begin the colorwork section of mystery mitt.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service