Knitting Community

Some of us in the Knitting Community have joined the "Flight Path" mystery Knitalong organized by Mary Scott Huff. If you're on Ravelry, you can find the Ravelry group here. I'm using Wool of the Andes Sport Weight in "Wonderland Heather," "Baltic Heather," "Saffron," "Fairytale" and "Avocado." We don't know at this point what the project will be, but it's an accessory for a woman. Here's my swatch:

Swatching instructions say to knit a swatch using the larger needles (I got gauge with size 4) working in the rnd or back and forth using two colors, any stranded pattern we wanted, since we don't have the chart yet. We're to aim for 6 1/2 sts/in. Sport weight or DK would be most suitable.

We will get one part of the pattern each week. Today (If you're reading this on Monday, January 30th) we get the first "clue." It will be fun to see what the project turns into. It isn't too late to join us if you want. It isn't a race. Just a fun thing to do together. All you need is the pattern (see link above) and 5 skeins of sport-weight yarn, each a different color. Just get your pattern and yarn and join us! We get the last clue February 27, 2012. You can buy the pattern later, but it will cost more, and you need to finish with the group to qualify for the drawings. (Yes, there are prizes!)

Tags: Colorwor, KAL, MaryScottHuff, mystery, stranded

Views: 4125

Replies to This Discussion

Isn't purple her favorite color?  Do you have any leftover?

Oh, I have plenty of each color... and yes, purple IS her fav color.

I'm nearly finished with the second Flight Path... I changed the bottom band totally... I still need to knit one row before I bind off.

Cute!

That was even faster than I expected!  Looks great, too.  :)

Thanks!  I'll have it done in a bit.

All done!

Nice!

Different, too!  But I like it.

The pompom makes the pointy bit at the top look just right!!!  :)  And I love your mod for the band.  Very cute!

Thanks... I thought it needed a pompom, and my DD suggested the color.  Glad you like the band, but I should have made the flowers a bit smaller.  Oh, well, I like it, too. 

As always, a great Blue Lake Knitter interpretation.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service