Knitting Community

I just started working on a Baby Surprise Jacket with my Koolaid-dyed hand spun yarn:

What projects are you working on using your hand spun yarn? What have you made from yarn you have spun? What projects are you planning for your own yarn?

Tags: knitting, projects, spinning

Views: 3881

Replies to This Discussion

PIcs? Please, please, please!

Well, I still haven't washed it yet, but this will give you and idea of how I will block it.

Bottom

Thanks for the preview!

Susan, your hat and cowl are stunning. They will be so fun to wear!

Thanks Elaine... Everyone who sees them likes them.  They are in a merino/silk, so super soft, and not too hot to wear. 

I'm too excited!  I finished up my mom's mother's day present last night using my handspun polwarth/ silk yarn.  This is also my first shawl.  I hope she likes it.  I can't wait to mail it to her!

Bren, That IS lovely.  Give us the details, what pattern did you use.  It knit up lovely, and love that yarn.  You do good work! 

Thank you so much Susan!!  Oh I guess I didnt give much info huh?   LOL sorry.  I wanted a very simple design as it was my first shawl and chose this pattern for it.  But I wanted it to look a little more feminine so I changed up the edging by adding more increases to make it more ruffled.  My mom is really girly and I think she'll like that little touch.

I think simple is always best for a shawl... this is great...and the added ruffly edge really looks good.  You did well.  I think your mom will love it... I know I would.

I would, too! Good work!

that's beautiful, Bren!  How lovely to spin and knit such a wonderful shawl for your Mom :D)

You did a fantastic job. Lucky mom  to have such a special daughter! Yes, with that kind of yarn, simple is always best. The pattern isn't hidden by the colors.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service