Knitting Community

I just started working on a Baby Surprise Jacket with my Koolaid-dyed hand spun yarn:

What projects are you working on using your hand spun yarn? What have you made from yarn you have spun? What projects are you planning for your own yarn?

Tags: knitting, projects, spinning

Views: 3870

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, that really turned out nice.

Beautiful!

The blue sweater and white gloves look nice too :)

A while back I got some of Aloha Blu's Waimanalo Flowers...

It spun up into this..

And this week I knit the Elis Cowl

and then designed a hat to match the cowl...

Thank you Christina!  We love you.

Right back at ya Susan! These pieces are GORGEOUS! goodness they are both so pretty! thanks for the linky to the cowl, i just downloaded the pattern and yes, please share the pattern to the hat :) nice nice nice!

Sadly, I did not keep really good track of my progress on the hat... my bad... I'll see what I can do...

Oh my goodness, Susan!  That is beautiful in every form...the roving, the handspun and the knitted items!  Just lurve this!

Thanks Bev... we are always sharing out spinning and dyeing, so I thought we should get a look at where all the yarn ends up.

Love what you spun and knit up!  Really like that hat too!

Oh, that hat really turned out cute!

Thanks, Cheryl, I've had lots of good comments about it.  I still need to block it to even out the top edge.

Here's a suggestion, you might want to cover your head form with a plastic bag and use it for blocking.

I had thought of that, but it still would not smoothe out the edge and get rid of the puckers.  I have a lid from a container that I think will work... I'll just pull the botton to the center of the other side of the lid...sort of like a plate, but not quite as large. 

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service