Knitting Community

I cast on for my Offering Mitts on February 19, but several projects got in the way.  What's new?

Today I sat down and made myself work on the project most of the day.  I would say that this mitt is about 1/2 way finished.  I can probably finish it tomorrow... since I will have plenty of uninterrupted knitting time. This pic isn't perfect, but I had to do the pic in artificial light (ugh)... here is my progress so far.

I am knitting these in Palette in Bittersweet Heather, using Size 1 needles. I am pushing to finish this first mitt, because the pair are a birthday gift for my DGD1 for her 15th birthday, on April 20.  I was a bit worried, but right now, I think I can finish them in a few more days.  My problems with the pattern:  1) Lace intimidates me.  2) Using fingering weight yarn intimidates me. 3) Using a Size 1 needle intimidates me. But 4) So far the pattern has worked fine, with no big surprises.  Hope you like my mitts. ♥s

Tags: Mitts, Offering, Palette

Views: 86

Replies to This Discussion

See, when I first saw this pattern I just assumed there would be a finger ring. Susan is great about modifying patterns so they are better, isn't she? ♥c
Knit: Thanks! I was putting my finished first mitt over on Ravelry and saw where someone else did it, so I did, too. Only I didn't put mine at the finger tip, but at the last ending triangle about 1/2" in from the tip. It doesn't show from the outside so much.♥s
That's really clever.
I just did it again, Susan. I made a comment and closed it without posting. Your darling ballerina is going to be tickled with this birthday present. ♥c
Cheryl I thought I was the only one who does that.
All the time! ♥c
I think I alter nearly EVERY pattern I knit. ♥s
Not alter just making improvements and adding personal style.
This little ring is definitely am improvement! ♥s
I definitely say so. Now she doesn't have to worrying about it flipping back. Right?
Absolutely! ♥s
I think she will too! ♥s

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service