Knitting Community

I cast on for my Offering Mitts on February 19, but several projects got in the way.  What's new?

Today I sat down and made myself work on the project most of the day.  I would say that this mitt is about 1/2 way finished.  I can probably finish it tomorrow... since I will have plenty of uninterrupted knitting time. This pic isn't perfect, but I had to do the pic in artificial light (ugh)... here is my progress so far.

I am knitting these in Palette in Bittersweet Heather, using Size 1 needles. I am pushing to finish this first mitt, because the pair are a birthday gift for my DGD1 for her 15th birthday, on April 20.  I was a bit worried, but right now, I think I can finish them in a few more days.  My problems with the pattern:  1) Lace intimidates me.  2) Using fingering weight yarn intimidates me. 3) Using a Size 1 needle intimidates me. But 4) So far the pattern has worked fine, with no big surprises.  Hope you like my mitts. ♥s

Tags: Mitts, Offering, Palette

Views: 94

Replies to This Discussion

Susan,

The mittens are beautiful. I love the color and the pattern. By looking at the picture I never would have guessed that you were intimidated by any of it. It just goes to show what we are capable of when we set our minds to something. GREAT JOB!!!
Thanks! I say intimidated, but maybe that is a bit strong a word to use. All of the lace knitting I have done has been with heavier yarn... the finer the yarn and needles, but more afraid I am that I will make a fatal error... but so far, these are coming along quite nicely.

I'm trying to do more difficult things this year, and trying to get out of my comfort range. If we don't stretch, we can't grow.

I keep a few easy peasy things to do in between, but so far my method is working. I've done some more complicated cables and these mitts so far.--S
Intimidated!?? You are our fearless knitter, you can knit anything!(Said in deep announcer voice and superman pose). They are coming along great!I am trying to step out of my comfort zone too. She is going to love them.
Just for protection, I would put in a lifeline partway through - that way you will never have to completely frog - I've been making the KP Dappled Lace Café Curtain - so glad I put in a lifeline - I found a very obvious mistake a few rows ago and was able to rescue what would have been a loss of several weeks' work (since I only work on the curtain every couple weeks or so)

I also have the easy projects on needles to pick up whenever I feel overwhelmed - knitting at any level is really good therapy !!
Yarn, you are so right. Whenever a project becomes overwhelming it's time to put it aside. As Gigi from Knitmore Girls podcast says, it's time to put it in timeout. She is always talking about things that are in timeout.

Those curtains are great! Glad you had a lifeline to fall back one. ♥c
I'm thinking of making this curtain in Shine sport - Leapfrog for the kitchen and bathroom windows up at my b/f's cabin in Northern WI.
I really, really ♥ those curtains. I may have to do some. Now where do I want to hang them? ♥c
That sounds pretty - mine is Shine Sport Silver Sage - it is a very pretty light green and matches m kitchen! It is fun to knit, but very easy to get off in the pattern - I strongly advise using a lifeline at least when you're partway along.
I hope to post a picture of the finished curtain soon!
Just think of all the things you are facing down here! Those things may not intimidate you so much next time! You are doing a fantastic job. The mitts are gorgeous!!
Peggy, I totally agree. Everytime I stretch a bit, I learn new skills, and get over some of these intimidations. I'm also lucky that this is a very good pattern. -Thanks! -S
Susan it looks great!
Naomi, Thanks, I'm glad you like it! --S

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service