Knitting Community

I love making items for babies.  People love receiving the items I make.  win-win situation

I came across this pattern several years ago and then forgot about it.  It grabbed my attention again.

Intermediate level.  Crocheted Soccasins by Megan Mills.  http://megan.cc/Soccasins/

It's written with UK terms.  All the dc's are US single crochet.  Calls for wool yarn though I'm not sure what weight.(double knitting)  I plan on playing and figuring that out.

Another cutie: http://megan.cc/BooteeDaisy/

Also, made with wool, guessing a fingering weight.  She has the pattern available with US terminolgy.

The PRR babies will have warmer tootsies and the parents will hopefully like my gifts.

Please add your fave baby and kids crochet patterns. 

Views: 567

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, I bet those were a huge hit!

The OB nurse generally sends out thank yous when they aren't super busy.  The longsies are a hit as well as kimono wraps w britches, booties n hat outfits.  :-)  They are also hits with local born babies.  I usually make them in bright colors which the parents love, too.

I'm busy making items for The reservation in SD.  Another fave of mine, _Baby Kimono Wrap_ a free Rav download use to be available at Crochet Me.  Wonderful baby shower gift for newborns born in colder months.

Wool of the Andes worsted yarn and G hook.  Baby Boots design by Linda Cyr.

I love how you crochet for the reservation. Very cute pattern!
Diana, I don't know how you get so many projects done. Do you sleep?! Anyway, this is a cute outfit. Does it also tie on the inside?

Well, maybe this will post as I've tried replying five times now.

I have a button on the right side instead of ties.  I crochet for brief periods on/off all day depending on how I feel. 

So cute. Love the matching booties and the gold detail.

Here''s the Baby Romper I finished. I'm not happy with the neck or sleeves, but it is kinda cute.

I wonder if you put a tie around the neckline like you have around the middle that it might help shape the neckline.

But definitely cute!

Love the colors you chose.

I see the problem. 

I frogged the first baby romper after Diana pointed out my problem with not doing the increases correctly. Ta da, I'm pleased as punch.

I added the little mocs from the Baby Boots pattern that Diana mentioned. They whip up in a flash. I added the little button for a southwestern flair. These are going to my friend in England, for her grandbaby. Oh, yeah, I didn't end up with enough yarn for sleeves, but it looks OK, right?

OMG, you should be tickled pink green and white with yourself.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service