Knitting Community

I love making items for babies.  People love receiving the items I make.  win-win situation

I came across this pattern several years ago and then forgot about it.  It grabbed my attention again.

Intermediate level.  Crocheted Soccasins by Megan Mills.  http://megan.cc/Soccasins/

It's written with UK terms.  All the dc's are US single crochet.  Calls for wool yarn though I'm not sure what weight.(double knitting)  I plan on playing and figuring that out.

Another cutie: http://megan.cc/BooteeDaisy/

Also, made with wool, guessing a fingering weight.  She has the pattern available with US terminolgy.

The PRR babies will have warmer tootsies and the parents will hopefully like my gifts.

Please add your fave baby and kids crochet patterns. 

Views: 586

Replies to This Discussion

Sharing my results.  Not sure if I switched the E hook with the D hook or if my tension changed dramatically.  The smaller soccasin was my first trial run and the larger one I had to restart 2-3 times as my brain/muscles weren't cooperating.  I didn't notice the difference till I had finished.  I'll frog the first as I know I used the E hook with the second.  I did a trial run of the Daisy stitch.  I found that one more interesting because of the stitch and adding colors.  I used SS Caron and an E hook.

Oh, my! What a difference a day hook makes!
I love the daisy pattern with the rainbow colors.  Think I know a little girl that would really like them.  ;0)
TIP-  Watch that Daisy stitch video.  I wasn't sure if I was placing my hook in the right place.  The video helps.

Grrr,will try to post again.

My new love in baby booties. Baby Boots

I used Wool of the Andes, Rouge and H hook.  Photo on my project page.

These are really sweet!
Super easy, too.  One piece construction. 

I'm going to make this pattern. Since I'm from the southwest USA, I think boots will be an appropriate gift for my friend's grandbaby in England. I'm also going to make this Newborn Romper. There's several examples over on Rav.

Cute, I'll have to check that romper pattern.  I have been feeling so bad lately, I just keep moving from pattern to pattern to occupy mind.
Diana, I will light a candle for you. Hope it will make you feel better.
Oh, Anna, that is so, so cute!

Here's one for colder weather.  I turned it into a baby longsie outfit and sent several boy and girl versions to Pine Ridge OB.

Santa Suit or Longsie

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service