Knitting Community

Post your pattern feedback and questions here!

If you have any problems with your Knit Picks pattern or with a book purchased through Knit Picks, please contact Knit Picks Customer Service at 1.800.574.1323. Thanks!

Views: 1602

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

January 27th, 2008 at 11:38 am

I receive your weekly emails, and I had to chuckle when I saw this one on the Magic Loop. I purchased the booklet several months ago explaining how to use it (which cost less at Knit Picks than anywhere I’ve found). I was and am sold! I use it for anything circular. In fact, I altered several patterns that call for flat knitting and seams to the Magic Loop method. I completed several paid of socks as Christmas gifts - socks are my signature item - but could not have finished them as quickly on DPNs.

When I knit my first pair of socks using the Magic Loop (which would NOT work on any other needles but Options) I altered portions of the methodology to fit the way that I knit socks. Once you know how a sock is made, I think everything develops their own procedure for going from step to step.

Again than you Knit Picks. You never fail to impress.

- Susan
January 23rd, 2008 at 5:54 pm

I just got the Winter 08 catalog and I love it! The new style/format is wonderful. The models all look amazing and the larger photos make it so easy to see all the details. I ordered way, way too much this time! Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
Julie
January 5th, 2008 at 2:35 pm

I just received your Winter 08 catalog. I had to let you know what a GREAT job I think you’ve done! I absolutely love it. Showcasing a book on seperate pages made each book really stand out with nice large pics. I also love the free patterns and the how to’s are great. The large pics and great color make it really easy to understand the process. In general, I like the new logo but it seems to be overwhelmed by its surroundings. This is one catalog I’m not throwing away!

- Meri Taylor
Wish I has seen a catalogue --wish we here in the uk could order
January 2nd, 2008 at 8:02 pm

I’m obsessed and so glad to find you! I love the free patterns and instructions. Thank you for a fantastic site.

I’ve just come home to Illinois from Atlanta. I flew with most of my supplies in my backpack and didn’t have any trouble at all. According to the TSA you can take any knitting supplies with you on the plane. Just make sure your scissor blades are less than 4 inches long. I had bamboo, birch and plastic needles of all sizes and lengths up to 13 inches and no problems. And trust me, if I was going to have problems, it would have been at Hartsfield Atlanta International! LOL! Happy knitting and happy flying!

- Carolyn RF
I just got back from taking an international trip, and I had no problem getting my supplies on the plane, and that is going through JFK. I didn't try bringing on scissors though because I thought I might be pushing my luck.
That is so great to read!
Knit Picks has been mostly devoted to knitting and knitting resources, so we don't currently have a tutorial for converting patterns. However, doing a Google search for "convert patterns from knitting to crochet" turned up a number of different resources for doing pattern conversions between the two techniques.
Things You’ll Need:
Crochet Patterns
Knitting Gauge Rulers
Knitting Patterns
Crochet Hooks
Crochet Thread
Step 1:
Use a crochet hook to make a gauged sample. Change the size of hook until you reach the needed gauge to complete the project.

Step 2:
Change the knit gauge to the crochet gauge by exchanging the stitches listed in the following steps.

Step 3:
Make a copy of your pattern and pencil in the crochet stitches to use above the knitting ones.

Step 4:
Chain stitch the number of cast-on stitches or the number needed to reach the needed gauge.

Step 5:
Convert one row of knit and one row of purl (or two rows of knit) to one row of single crochet.

Step 6:
Substitute one row of half-double crochet for three rows of knitting (or for k1, p1, k1).

Step 7:
Crochet one row of double crochet to replace one row of knit, one row of purl, one row of knit, and one row of purl.

Step 8:
Change six rows of stockinette to one row of treble crochet.

Step 9:
Periodically check the gauge to make sure you are staying in the correct measurement.
thank you chrissie
Wow! thanks for the info!
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post specific pattern questions here or not, but I am having some problems with the Knit Picks Generations Purse pattern. Both the chart and the written instruction have "no stitch" blocks marked in rows 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, and 10 of the lace pattern...but from what I can see, this leaves only 36 sts worked in these rows. The previous rows don't seem to net any decreases and contain 38 sts each. Maybe I'm missing something because I don't have that much experience knitting lace, so I am hoping that someone out there can explain what to do. Thanks!!

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service