Knitting Community

Post your pattern feedback and questions here!

If you have any problems with your Knit Picks pattern or with a book purchased through Knit Picks, please contact Knit Picks Customer Service at 1.800.574.1323. Thanks!

Views: 1607

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i love kp and have done the market bag which came out great and just started the shawl kit. can't wait to try move patterns out.
This isn't necessarily a problem with the pattern, but a problem with my inexperience at finishing. Any direction would be greatly appreciated. I am using the Knit Picks pattern "Sweet Dreams Throw" and am at the point of finishing. My question is this: How do you sew the strips together with different colored yarns? Also, the yarn is so fine and fluffy I am finding it hard to do this in mattress stitch. Plus, don't you use mattress stitch for stockinette, not garter, which this is in? Yes, I am new to knitting but have gotten so far on this I hate to give up now. Thanks.
Hi Meg,

Knitting is all about learning new techniques, thats half the fun!

To sew the panels together I would choose one coordinating color of yarn and use it throughout the entire project.

You can use a different yarn to sew your panels together, possibly a coordinating color in a fingering weight, but the fluffiness of Suri Dream works in your favor by helping to mask your stitches.

As for using the mattress stitch to sew your panels together, there are no hard and fast rules that you MUST use this to sew your panels together, this is the method the designer chose to put them together, it's a good choice as the stitch has alot of give in it making the finished project have more stretch along the seams. But, if you are more comfortable using a whip stitch or grafting the panels together, then by all means use that method.
I'm finally ready to dive into my Little Box of Socks. My only problem is that the pattern chosen by my neighbor is given for med child, med woman and a larger. She can almost wear my 10-year-old daughter's size 3 shoes. There isn't a size guideline or sizing chart given with LBOS to tell me what equates to a med. child or med. woman's size so I'm not sure which to use. Anyone know?
Which pattern are you knitting? Is there information about the length of the foot between the heel and the toe? That is the area that you would customize to make the sock fit a specific size.
Thanks for the information. Can you help clarify, or direct me to a tutorial, that explains how to do mattress stitch with garter stitched pieces? Thanks again.
Hi Meg... check out the tutorial here on the KP Knitting Community... this should help you... --Kim
Actually, here is a tutorial on how to do the mattress stitch on garter stitched pieces. Scroll down, the tutorial is called "Invisible vertical seaming on garter stitch". http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring04/mattress.html
Thank you, this was very helpful.
I purchased the pattern Cabled Yoke Coat a few months ago- I just received the revised edition a few days ago.
I have a couple of questions about the revised pattern. I am knitting the 40" bust size.
1st of all-- are there really no increases in the gussets??
And 2ndly- how many stitches are there suppose to be in between cables- right before you reach the gussets?? I want to make sure that after all this hard work that I won't come out uneven..
Thank you for any help you can give me. I would be most appreciated.
Hi there - that's correct, there are no actual increases in the gussets. The gusset shape is formed by moving the stitches, but no more are added! There are no stitches between the cables before the gussets - hopefully I'm understanding you correctly - but they are just standard 3-over-3 cables until each set of three stitches starts to 'travel' on either side of the gusset shape. Hopefully that answers your questions!

-Kerin
I have a question/comment about the video reviews of books. I'm not sure if I chose the right category to write this...
I have only watched a few book reviews, so I'm not sure if it's the same on them all- but I was wondering if you could include the sizes that the items are made in. Since I'm a bigger gal- I have been disappointed after getting a book only to find out that there are no options for my size. It is not that hard to just make it bigger so it will fit, but it would be nice to know ahead of time what I'm going to get. I don't live near a city where I can browse a bookstore for these books. I want to rely on your video reviews to explore the patterns within. I would really appreciate that information. See what you can do? Thanks. -Peggy

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service