Knitting Community

Post your pattern feedback and questions here!

If you have any problems with your Knit Picks pattern or with a book purchased through Knit Picks, please contact Knit Picks Customer Service at 1.800.574.1323. Thanks!

Views: 1628

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The only challenge with converting cuff down to toe up is the heel section. I would recommend that you knit Tina's free toe-up pattern first. Once you understand how to make a good toe-up heel, then it will be easy to convert other patterns. You can use the same body stitches but substitute Tina's heel.
Thanks!

With all the sock books on sale, I wanted to make sure that I'd be able to knit the patterns in anything that I bought. This helps a lot. :)
When I did the provisional cast on for the sipalu bag I purled the row as I picked up the stitches. My daughter says just to purl the forst row and go on. Will this cause a problem for me later on. I am ready to start the pattern and want to do it now.

Please reply as soon as you can.
Hi Karen,
For these Provisional COs you want to work your first row (in the working yarn) as the first right side row in the piece - so in this case, it would be knit. As long as there is a seamless look when you unravel the cast on and pick up those stitches, though, it shouldn't matter. Good luck!
-Kerin
I'm looking for the pattern Toe to Top Striped Socks they were designed by Kelley. The yarn used was Dancing and a picture was in an old catalog. I want to try the unique construction since it is knit along the length of the sock. It doesn't appear that the pattern is still on the site.
I'm not sure about that particular pattern, but there are two different two up socks on this page:

http://www.knitpicks.com/FREE+Knitting+Patterns_PL300218.html?showA...
This pattern is being reknit in a current yarn. As soon as it's complete it will again be available on the website. Thanks! -Kim
I love the look of the Montavilla tote kit, but I'm from a town called "Montville" so I may be biased ;). When it says it comes with a pattern for two totes, does it mean there's two different patterns or just that there's enough yarn for two bags? Also, I can't tell from the photo, but are all four colors used in one bag, or is it a two and two kind of thing?

Thanks!
Sally
Hi Sally!

The kit contains one pattern, which uses all 4 colors of the yarn to acheive a gradient effect. The kit comes with enough yarn to make the bag twice.

Hope this helps!

Nina
That's exactly the info I was looking for, thanks! I can't wait to make the bag!
I am working on the Sock cocktail pattern from Knit Picks. I am working from the toe up. The gusset directions don't make sense. When the gusset is finished on side is on a slant. I think that this pattern is wrong any info on errors. I have taken it out twice and I am ready to throw it out the window help.

Barbara
Hi Barbara,

When working a gusset, the increases will cause the instep portion of the foot and the heel and ankle portions to 'slant' away from each other - is that what you mean?

-Kerin

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service