Knitting Community

Post your pattern feedback and questions here!

If you have any problems with your Knit Picks pattern or with a book purchased through Knit Picks, please contact Knit Picks Customer Service at 1.800.574.1323. Thanks!

Views: 1557

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is the ravelry link to the project, in case that helps anyone with your question. Cute toy!
If you could buy only one Elizabeth Zimmerman book, what would you choose?  I want to put one on my wishlist, but can't decide which one?

Ooh, that would be hard to choose. I can narrow it down to three:

1. The Opinionated Knitter
  2. Knitting Workshop
  3. Knitter's Almanac, The Commemorative Edition

But I really suggest getting all of them eventually.

What do you want from the book? I mean, are you looking to learn new techniques, patterns, etc. or are you looking to glean insights into EZ's life? Each of the books that Cheryl mentions have different purposes in mind. All are wonderful and well worth getting!

Knitting Workshop also comes in video format (DVD) which is a bit of a companion to the book. You could check your local library to borrow them and get an idea of what it covers before purchasing them.

Knitting Around is a fascinating look into her life and how she "discovered" her special way of knitting. It has patterns dispersed between diary-like entries regarding her life and travels as a young woman. I love all her books and have most of them.

Also, her daughter, Meagan, has authored quite a few as well. Good Luck! It's a tough choice for just one....

Excellent suggestion on looking at them at the local library before deciding which to get. And excellent descriptions of the books.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I don't really know what I want from them.  It's just that she's a classic, and everyone talks about her, so I want something by her.  Maybe I'll end up collecting them all.

Has anyone here knit or is familiar with the Thick Knit Car Coat pattern?

Sorry! But I don't know anything about this pattern.

The link to the errata already on the site is HERE.  You might have to scroll down to the pattern- they're in alphabetical order on the page. 

Pickle!!!!!  We miss you!  :o)

Pickle:

Already checked the errata and while it clears up some things that I had figured out, it did not for the issue at hand.  :(

Thanks, though, it was the first place I thought of as well.  :)

I've PMed the designer, Kerin, on Ravelry. Hopefully, I'll hear something soon, but, I'm still open to suggestions and help here! I'm kind of stuck on a spot and would like to continue and finish this project.

Thanks!

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service