Knitting Community

Post your pattern feedback and questions here!

If you have any problems with your Knit Picks pattern or with a book purchased through Knit Picks, please contact Knit Picks Customer Service at 1.800.574.1323. Thanks!

Views: 1603

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the response. I think you're right, as I read farther it sounds like that. I'll just forge ahead and trust the pattern. Just don't want to do any more frogging on this project. I'll let you know how it works out. Merry Christmas!
Same to you! I'm here just about every day. I'll keep checking!
I love the new ebooks!  Will more be coming?
Oh yes, we have more in the works :)
I was just about to ask if they were compatible with my iPad. Are they?
As far as I know - they are pdfs and I believe you need to have a app to convert the files for iPads.  But otherwise they should be fine.
I can read pdfs through three different apps. Hooray! Now to look at the selection!
I went to the ebooks, and it says Adobe Flash is required. I can't use Adobe Flash on the iPad. Do I really need it?

Peggy:

You shouldn't need flash to view the pdf file. What apps do you have on your iPad to view pdf files? Examples are GoodReader for iPad, EasyPDF and others. Both of these are free and many others on iTunes. I personally use GoodReader as I can transfer files from my computer to my iPad during the sync process and view them in GoodReader. Let me know if you have any trouble. I'd be glad to help!

I have GoodReader, but I can also read pdfs with iBooks and another...maybe Nook or Kindle, I can't remember. The question is whether I have to have Flash to download them, and then if I could transfer them easily from DH's netbook to my iPad. (I wouldn't want eBooks on the computer. Even the netbook is too heavy to carry around, but my iPad doesn't weigh much more than the last issue of Knitters, LOL!
On a related note, it seems that Nooks will read PDFs with no trouble (that includes all the KnitPicks pattern downloads, not just the ebooks).  I don't know about Kindles.
That's promising!

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service