Knitting Community

Post your pattern feedback and questions here!

If you have any problems with your Knit Picks pattern or with a book purchased through Knit Picks, please contact Knit Picks Customer Service at 1.800.574.1323. Thanks!

Views: 1603

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In the KnitPicks free pattern for boot socks (two at once on TWO circulars) the guage is 18 st. in 4 in. (4.5 st/in) on size 5 needles. When I swatched it (in Lamb's Pride Superwash because my KnitPicks yarn hasn't arrived) I had to go to size 9 to get that guage. Will this work for socks? I've only been knitting a couple years, and my understanding is whatever needle gets the guage is what you should use, but I'm concerned that the socks will be "airy" with that guage and this yarn. It definitely looks looser than I think it should to get the guage. They're winter socks, and I need them warm, and I'm stuck. Help?!
You'll want to make sure that you swatch with the yarn you'll actually be using in order to get the best results. It's likely that the Lamb's Pride Superwash is too thin for this pattern.
? where did the Mock Croc free sock pattern go!! I love that pattern.
Thanks for the heads up! The moc crock socks took a little hiatus but it's back! --Kim
Glad the Moc Crocks are back. Thank you.
Has anyone created a sweater using Suri Dream? I made the Sweet Dreams throw and will probably make another soon, but I wondered how the yarn fares as a garment rather than an accessory or a throw?

Thanks!
Several people on Ravelry have used Suri Dream to knit adult sized sweaters. I think that the yarn would be best in a very simple stockinette based sweater. You might want to try a pattern from Ann Budd's The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns or Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Without Tears.
Is anyone knitting the Tam O'Shanter pattern? I am in dire need of help! I am new to reading charts. Questions:
1. With this thin yarn, how do you get the circle to go around a 24" circular needle? I had to go buy a 16" cir. needle to make this work.
2. Also, pattern makes no mention of changing to double pointed needles. I didn't know I could use a circular needle for less than a dozen stitches???
1. Central Double Dec: I see the symbol on the odd numbered rows. But it says to do this for even numbered rows also. Do I start with row 40?
2. What does the box that says "No Stitch" mean by placeholder?
Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me.
debi
Hi!
About 2 years ago I made a cabled shawl with pockets.. It was one of your great free patterns. I have lost my copy and my daughter would like to make one. I can't find it on your free pattern page. Is there any way I can get this pattern again? Thanks!!!

Sally Hannon
The designer has made the Cabled Pocket Shawl available as a free download on Ravelry. Here is the link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cabled-pocket-shawl
My knitting group has asked me to take the lead on a sock knitalong, because I'm the only one in the group who's done socks before...I'm trying to use your Two at once, Toe up, Magic Loop sock pattern, because it seems very detailed.

I just started a "test run" before the group gives them a shot...but I'm terribly confused!!! I've cast on the 12 stitches for each ball of yarn, but I just can't seem to figure out how to pick up the stitches! I can't figure out how to have both needle tips pointing left and work from the working yarn end using the original tip... I watched the tutorial for Magic Loop, and it doesn't show this part.

None of the other socks I've done have started this way...
Help, please!! Thank you!!
I should also ask...since your pattern is free, is it OK for us to use it for the knitalong? (There may be only 2-3 of us doing it...)

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service