Knitting Community

Have comments or questions about Knit Picks yarn? Feel free to post them here!

If you have any problems with your Knit Picks yarn, please contact Knit Picks Customer Service at 1.800.574.1323. Thanks!

Tags: yarn

Views: 1582

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amanda, Jenny has said what I would have said. First, welcome. I see you are already a member of some of the KALs. Find the one that best represents what you have a question on. There will almost always be someone around to answer. I have my email preferences to receive email notices anytime a comment is posted in all of the KALs. [Yes, I am a member of all of the knit alongs.] One thing I would add to what Jenny has said is that sometimes after a kit is sold out, KP will add it as a downloadable pattern.

I have added you to my friend list. That means, if you want to contact me outside of the public area, you can send me a message.

cherylbwaters - Thanks again for your time & I too plan on teaching my girls the gift of Knitting =) I know too well how after losing a loved one you realize you should have listened to the little stories they tried to tell you <3

amanda - I just joined Ravelry a week or so ago & I too am still figuring things out... I do know you can search knitpicks yarn by name & they will list the projects that people have done with which ever yarn you click on. Good luck! =) Also, KP customer service answers a lot of questions if you call them too!

I've been a Ravelry member since 2008 and I still don't know very much about it! That's because most of my time is spent here.

I hope i am doing this right, i don't quite understand the format of this forum. (i am starting up a new questrion, but in a current discussion i think??? Is that ok?)

Anyway, i am getting ready to start a baby project, a top and pants for a newborn.  I really love wool, so was considering swish (for washability)  But even with all its softeness, it is still not as soft as something like comfy - my other choice!!

Which would you all suggest? swish or comfy? color is not an issue, i can choose from either. I actually prefer the firm hand of wool (and swish is actually kind of drapey for my taste!) but i don't want to go all the way to wota for this project.  I am leaning towards comfy, as there is no doubt it is soft enough.  Anyone make baby clothes with swish and LOVE the feel enough to choose it over a cotton?

Jenny,

I have used both for baby clothes.  I have aksi used Shine and Stroll Sport.  All have worked very well. 

ThankS SUsan!! SHine is super slippery for me, i did make a hat and booties already with comfy, i think i am going to go with that. (My janey voted for comfy as well ;o)
I loved using the Comfy for my baby knitting - it is very good yarn.

Susan, the orig. pattern called for red heart (an acrylic). I checked on ravelry, and a couple people did use a kp yarn (simply cotton sport, for one) Do you think comfy would be a good substitute? (concerning drape)

link - http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Sgleason818/the-legend-of-baby-link

thanks!

It absolutely would be a good substitute.  Comfy and Simply Cotton are a tad bit different, but I think if you are looking for drape, Comfy is the way to go.  I have used Simply Cotton on several pieces, too and love it as well.  If you want the softness of cotton both are good choices.
well, i got trhe comfy just now! i actualy don't like the drape so much on the cotton yarns - i like a firm fabric like wota or cascade!! BUt i think it will be ok. thanks again susan~!
kp has a GREAT yarn... I used to use red heart yarn & am sold on the better quality yarn that kp has to offer! I haven't bought red heart in years now lol
I second that... no more acrylic for this knitter!

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service