Knitting Community

Have comments or questions about Knit Picks yarn? Feel free to post them here!

If you have any problems with your Knit Picks yarn, please contact Knit Picks Customer Service at 1.800.574.1323. Thanks!

Tags: yarn

Views: 1552

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No response?
Blanchois, I suggest you click here and contact customer service. I would let them know that no one has responded to you. They managed to see nina chen's post. I don't know why they missed yours.

Let me know if customer service doesn't respond to you and I'll try to figure out something else. This issue should be address. ♥cheryl
Thanks, cheryl!
Let me know if you don't get a response and I'll figure out who to send a message to.
Hi Blanchois,

My apologies for missing your post. I've noticed that with the black & darker yarns because of the excess dyes but it does soften with washing or soaking. But please feel free to give customer service a call at 1-800-574-1323 or via email here if you have concerns & they will take care of you :)

Best
Stacey
Thanks, Stacy. I'll see how the yarn feels once the socks are done and I can wash them.
Hi,
Is there a certain time of year that yarn colours (and also the corresponding colour cards) are updated? I'd like to get 1 or 2 cards but I just wonder if I should wait for a certain time in order to have the most up-to-date shades. Or, do things just kind of come and go throughout the year? Sorry if this question is answered elsewhere, but I am having a hard time finding it... (is there a yarn FAQ or something like that for newbies like me?)
Thanks so much!
nina
Hi Nina,

New yarns & colors of cottons and blends, lace and some of the sock yarns are usually updated in late winter/early spring. Wools (and blends) are generally updated in late summer/early fall. Color cards take a bit longer because we do them by hand, so they often follow quite a while later. We do try to accurate show & describe all of the colors online and in the catalog in the meantime!

I hope that helps!
Best
Stacey
Hi Stacey,
This is very helpful! I've had issues before with colours on my laptop not matching the actual product, so I can't really trust what I'm seeing online. Your info will help me decide which cards I can go ahead and order.
Thanks so much for your help,
nina
I am knitting some socks with two skeins of Essential that are from the same dye lot. I started the two sock tops in the same place in the stripe pattern - it may have not been the very same place, but it was very close! I have attached a picture of how the stripes are very different on the two socks - in one the color swirls and in the other the color zig zags. Any ideas on what I can to to make the stripe pattern match?

TIA
Attachments:
Hmmm, that is weird. You might want to contact customer service to see what they have to say. Click here to hop right to the customer service email.
Hi,

I'd like to knit an afghan for my aunt out of Suri Dream, but I was wondering how much it sheds? Is it likely to leave her or her furniture covered in a fine layer of fuzz every time she touches it?

Eleanor

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service