Knitting Community

Post your yarn suggestions here!

Tags: yarn

Views: 707

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Karen, I am just now getting caught up on comments since right before the holidays. Sorry for the delay. Congratulations on the kit you have received. Are you also a member of Ravelry? There is a great pattern search over there that should be able to point you in the right direction. Let us know if you need some help to figure out how to search in Ravelry.

Love most of your additions over the last months.  However, I'm still waiting for interesting sock yarn in Sport or DK.  The plain colors are nice, but not what I'm looking for.  I'm loving the Online brand of 6-ply and all the variety and would love to be able to order this type of product from you.  Check out -- Simply Sock Yarn Company's site.

Thanks,

Jan in Lansing, MI

Hi just thought I'd share a great source for free knitting patterns!!! Fabulousyarn has a bunch! Lots for all kinds of yarn!

Almost all of them are instant PDF download! So you can have them really quickly! :)

Thanks for the heads up.

Any chance of a fingering/sock weight on Brava? I'm always on the lookout for nice yarns to use for Dad's Christmas socks. Wool is out because he does all his laundry on hot for both washer and dryer, besides the ball of the foot always mats and wears out quickly.

It would also be great for my baby sweaters because it is hypoallergenic and mothers can throw it in the wash and spend their time taking care of the baby not the clothes.

Janet, I use sport weight for some of my socks...not all, but that might be an option, and I believe Brava comes in Sport weight.

I am a male knitter, and it would be nice to have some more "manly" colors of yarn. I like to wear striped socks that I have made with self striping yarn, but I like black, gray, darker shades of blue, maroon, red, orange, normal colors without the "powder colors" like pink, sky blue, lavender, and magenta. I want bright colors, but something I can wear in public underneath my jeans, or khakis.

Tate... I'm knitting this pair of socks for my husband...

I used Stroll Tonal in Kindling... and Stroll hand painted yarn in Pony Ride... I think they look pretty manly... 

I don't think I've seen those before, Susan. I really like them. Off to see if they have any left.

Well, KP has the Kindling, but no Pony Ride. They also have Thunderhead which is a nice tonal gray.

Oh, and Imagination (50% merino, 25% alpaca, 25% nylon) have a couple of nice colors - Sasquatch and Galactic.

Oops! I found Pony Ride. It isn't a tonal, but is a hand paint. Also in the hand painted stroll, there is tree fort, coffee shop and constellation.

Yes, Cheryl, I've been waiting to finish the 2nd sock before I posted them..One has to use their imagination a bit, and look up the descriptions of the colors - that helps a lot.  Imagination is nice, but I really prefer the Stroll over it... 

Thanks I like those, I must have seen the yarn a million times but passed over it. Thank you for pointing that out. I am brand new and already making a fool of myself. :) thank you.

No, you are by no means making a fool of yourself.  I've been shopping at KP for years and also a community member since 2007... We are all here to help one another, and I am always happy to point someone in the right direction.  Enjoy the sock yarn here... the prices are great, and the selection is one where anyone can find the yarn they need.  The quality is excellent, too. 

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service