Knitting Community

Post your yarn suggestions here!

Tags: yarn

Views: 726

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I don't make nearly as many as you do, but my brother loves my handknit washcloths. I had made one for my SIL and he stole it from her. So now that is what he begs for from me. He could not get over how soft Comfy is. And the Simply Cotton Organic is very nice also. I've linked you to the worsted weights but both yarns are available in other weights.

recently, i found a vest pattern i'd love to make for SO. i thought it would be wonderful to make it in the colors of his favorite MLB team. that got me to hunting ravelry and the internet looking for the right shade of blue.

since kelley is a big football fan... how about starting a color series based on professional teams: MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL and any other pro league i'm forgetting at 7am lol

i, for one, would buy a truck load more of knitpicks yarn, that way ;)

with a SO, one son, three step-sons, and a tomboyish step-daughter... i'd have a lot of hats, mittens, scarves, and afghans in my future in dodger blue, saints gold, eagles green and so forth.

thanks in advance for reading

Hope they wouldn't have to pay royalties!!

i understand that this is part of the process and would end up with a more expensive yarn for the consumer :(

but if i know that i will be getting the right shade of dodger blue or eagle green, i'd be willing to pay a bit more.

A new knitter here. Have made close to a dozen socks for myself since January (sock passion or madness!?!?) My dh is now envious and is now asking for hiking socks. I plan to use a worsted weight on Dad's Function over Form Socks off Ravelry. What yarn would you suggest?

Hi there!

If you are looking for a soft, easy care yarn that is worsted weight - I would suggest Swish. It feels wonderful and is machine washable. For a harder wearing yarn, there is also Wool of the Andes, just keep in mind this yarn is not as soft and is hand wash only. Also, since socks with worsted weight yarn are usually a lot thicker, you want to make sure that the recipient will still be able to wear shoes comfortably. Good luck!

-jenny @ knit picks

Chris, you might also want to check out the Sock KAL. There are always helpful knitters over there.

I saw a "marl" yarn. (acrylic/cotton blend)

Would love to see KP offer a marled fingering weight sock yarn, but in wool.  For Nordic-like sweaters and socks.

Excellent suggestion, Diana. For those who don't know what a marled yarn is, it is different single-colored singles that are plied together. Usually these are lightly twisted. You can have multiple singles with each single a different color. They are also referred to as mottled.

The ones I saw are 2 color.  A white(or off white) with a blue, or a red, or grey etc. (mottled or spotty) The catalog photo then showed a knit yoke sweater with Fair Isle on top and the rest of the sweater in the marl yarn.  I love it.

That sounds really lovely.

Hi - I'm a new member here, so not sure if I'm posting this in the right thread. I have been given a beautiful Knit Picks Chinook Shawl Kit - one hank each of Shimmer, Shadow Kettle Dyed, Alpaca Cloud, Shadow and Gloss Lace. I have never had KnitPicks yarn before - it is not available in Ireland - and am really excited about using it. BUT I am not keen on lace knitting and prefer large rectangular wraps to shawls - does anyone have any ideas for alternative patterns? The yarn is a beautiful set of graduating colours, and I do want to use every last bit of it!  I would love to get started on something over the holidays - when the present knitting is finished with! - and ideally it would be something I could easily do in front of the television. All suggestions welcome!

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service