Knitting Community

Post your yarn suggestions here!

Tags: yarn

Views: 707

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, I thought WotA might work. My son and his wife are having a baby, and I'm putting together a list of items to knit. I thought a nice large felted diaper bag with lining and lots of interior pockets would be a perfect gift. I've used both the worsted and bulky weights of this yarn for other nonfelted projects, and it worked up well with good stitch definition. I made several felted knits back when I first learned to knit, so I know I can do it.
OK, I ordered my yarn and it came in today, but I made a huge mistake. I decided to go with the bulky weight to make the bag sturdier. But while selecting colors, I got confused and ordered one color in WotA Worsted, not bulky. Would it work if I doubled the worsted weight to use in this bag, or should I just select another color?
Dear Susan,

I would suggest making a swatch to check the gauge first. It will not be an exact match but it should work.

Sincerely,
Georgianna
Customer Service
Georgianna,
Thank you so much. I was going to do a swatch with the bulky by itself, and with two strands of the worsted to see how much difference it should make... but I thought my theory was pretty close. Also, this bag will be felted, so I don't think the difference will be as noticable.

Susan
I am still trying to find a place to buy the mythical Glow in The Dark yarn. I read about it online and never find a store online or local that sells it.
Check out Mary Maxim - They have the Bernat - Glow in the Dark. I've also seen at it Michael's about a year ago.

http://www.marymaxim.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10...
I'd really love to see KP start carrying some sort of sock yarn in a bamboo/cotton blend for summer/hot weather socks. I love the sock yarn that KP already carries but Risata still has too high a wool content for my liking (for wearing during the summer... I really do like Risata for cool weather wearing a great deal). It would be nice to have a non-wool sock yarn alternative.

Or even a soy sock yarn would be good too.
Hi Leppardess,

Thanks for the suggestion - it's something I would love to see as well :) Hopefully it's something we'll able to come up with!

Stacey
Customer Service
I would LOVE some pink City Tweed. <3
I didn't buy a Little Bubbles Kit because I did not know the gender of my new grandchild. Well, now I know it is a boy, and my DIL looked over the colors availble in Comfy Sport. We have an idea of what we want to do, but I am wondering if I could use Shine Sport, instead of Comfy Sport. Waiting on your answer to place my order.

Thanks, Susan
Hi Susan,

I do know that a couple of folks have used Shine for the Little Bubbles Kit - check out this goregous one! :)

BeckyLynn's Little Bubbles

Have fun!
Stacey
Customer Service

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service