Knitting Community

At the top of the page there's a tab for "tutorials" - we've collected our Knit Picks knowledge base here for your use.

Views: 282

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I'm new here, and I found your tutorials, I was looking for knitted boarders. Do you have a visual of what the articule was talking about? I'm having a hard time with it. Thanks Ree.
Sure! Here's the Lace Borders tutorial page - on it, there's a link to a PDF that has diagrams explaining the different borders.
Hi, I too am new here. I hope this is the correct place to ask this question.
I want to convert a pattern so that the multicolored yarn will run vertically instead of horizontially. (I don't look well with strips around my middle) Do I have to find a pattern that is knit from the sleeves in or can I convert it from inches to stitches? I'm not even sure I've said this correctly to make it understandable. Please be patient.
I'm not quite sure what you're asking - which pattern are you trying to convert? If you're trying to make vertical stripes, it's easiest to knit the sweater from side seam to side seam.
Thanks for the reply. I'm probably trying to make this harder than it needs to be. I'm want to work from a cardigan pattern I presently have. Do I convert the number of inches I want for the length into my stitches per inch in order to know my cast on number? And do I work from the front to the side or side seam to the front?
Hello -- Thanks for your great info on the site. :)

I am wondering if someone can address the issue of weaving in ends on lace knitting?

Thank you.
Lace ends are tricky - you could try using a tapestry or yarn needle and weaving the ends in by "sewing" them into denser areas of the lace fabric.
A neat... but tedious... solution would be to actually sew the ends in with a regular sewing needle and thread. Depends on just how "anal" or obessive-compusive you are though, whether you'd want to do that! LOL!
If you're using a plied yarn, you can separate the plies and sew each of them into a different place. This makes it less obvious. --Peggy
cool! thanks for the pattern on the two at a time toe up socks.
I tried to download the Lace 1-2-3 scarf pattern from the free patterns section and couldn't do it. I keep getting "bad request." Is this pattern no longer available?
Woolybelle
The pattern is available, but it seems as though the link is broken. I've alerted our website designer and it will be fixed soon. Thanks for catching that and letting us know about it!

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service