Knitting Community

At the top of the page there's a tab for "tutorials" - we've collected our Knit Picks knowledge base here for your use.

Views: 284

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have dared to try to knit 2 socks on 1 needle but when I got to the gusset I got all messed up. The directions I had wasn't clear enough for me. I thought Kelley said one time their was directions on Knit picks for 2 socks on magic loop, but I can't find it. It is probably a simple way but I had a mess! Could some one help?
Here's the free pattern for the two-at-a-time, two circular needles method. And here's a free download for a toe-up, two-at-a-time, two circular needles pattern. We're working on a pattern and tutorial right now for the two-at-a-time, one circular needle method - it should be out soon!
Hi Alison, I finally found the post again. I keep getting server error instead of the free download. Here is what the page says on my end.

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:
Line 233: sqlParam = Nothing
Line 234:
Line 235: dgDetail = prodDB.getDGDetail(drItem.Item("ID"))
Line 236:
Line 237: 'Set Master Defaults
Source File: D:\Inetpub\KnitPicks2\patterns\Pattern_Display.aspx.vb Line: 235
Stack Trace:
[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
Patterns_Pattern_Display.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Inetpub\KnitPicks2\patterns\Pattern_Display.aspx.vb:235
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, Kim fixed the link!
That would be great. I dyed my sock blank without too much trouble but I'm afraid I don't understand the two-at-once pattern. I'm stick at the part after casting on where the two sets of stitches are moved onto the cable...

- jamie
I am looking for a pattern to knit two socks from the toe upward, on a circular needle that is done with BULKY yarn. Do you know of any, or any books with that kind of pattern? I need a simple pattern, I am just beginner and want to learn how to knit socks. Or is there a way to adjust the pattern from smaller yarn to bulky yarn?
Thank you so much!
Charlotte
Hi Charlotte,
I haven't yet completed my 2-at-a-time socks, but I have posted a pattern that is simple enough to do 2 on 2 circs. The toe-up sock pattern can be made with either thinner yarn on smaller needles or thicker yarn on larger needles. If you go with a bulky yarn, you would most likely want at least a size 7 or 8 needle. If you look over the instructions for the toe increases, you will see that it is a custom pattern and the fit is determined in the toe itself. Here's the link: http://community.knitpicks.com/profiles/blog/list?user=2xkrnhb9vzzr8
I wrote the pattern, which is free by the way, so that even beginners could pick up their needles and start knitting socks, not that you are a beginner, but you know what I mean. Anyway,I hope the pattern works out for you. If you do try it, please let me know how it goes.
Thanks, and good luck.
I await the tutorial on this. I'm wearing out my yarn as I reknit the gussets. It must be a right brain/left brain thing...one side of the gusset is great, the other is a mess.
I downloaded and have been listening to Podcast #33 and heard Kelley mention learning how to knit two socks at the same time with one sock inside the other, done like color knitting, with one skein knit with the left hand and the other knit with the right. Are there any tutorials on that technique? I'm really anxious to try it! Thanks for your help.
Not yet, but it's on our list!
Great! I'll be on the look-out for it. Thank you.
I don't know whether you're interested anymore, but there was an article in Knitty several years ago. Go here. I think this is what you're speaking of.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service