Knitting Community

Let us know what you'd like to see!

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This may seem incredibly silly but what I'd like to see is a beginner's video for weaving in on a garter stitch. You show a tiny portion of it on the video about making a scarf, but not enough for me to tell what to do, and I can't find a single video on YouTube that shows weaving in a garter stitch. They all start with "on the wrong side of the material" which a garter stitch doesn't have. I think this would really help the super beginner knitter like me - I'm working on completing my first scarf ever - and also may help clean up the work of more experienced knitters. Thanks so much!
I could really use a video on how to do stranded colorwork from the wrong side, in other words just knitting flat stranded colorwork.
Thanks!!!
Love the youtube , how to attach an I-cord, by Kelley, is there one on this site. Irene Soileau
Being Deaf/HoH, having captions on the video or transcripts of what is being said would be greatly appreciated. I know that when I first visited the KP site and watched the video for the Zephyrs I was mesmerized but had no clue what was being said.
Even having taught deaf and hard-of-hearing years ago, I had never thought of this problem until today. I am so ashamed of myself for not thinking of this problem until I started to point DeafKnitter to some videos today. Is it possible to do something like this? There is a whole community out there that could benefit from this feature. I mean can you imagine how hard it is to have a Stitch 'n Bitch group if you are deaf? The internet is a wonderful opportunity for them to have a place like this.
Well, what I've seen done is to either have captions or have someone who interprets in the upper left or right corner of the video signing what is being said/done.

And as Cheryl said, there truly is a whole Culture/Community that could get involved with knitting if they could understand what is going on.
We don't want anyone left out... knitting (and spinning) is just too much fun and so very fulfilling. Anything we can do to communicate this activity to others is well worth it!
I sent a message to Kate at KP to see if there is anything she can do about this.
Great. I didn't know who to contact. I would be willing to help in any way possible.
You might add Kate to your friend list. You can find her profile here. I think it is a terrific idea and am willing to help in anyway also.
Done. This would be a great way to get more customers. Don't know of any other websites or fiber/craft companies that do this.
I think that would be incredible.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service