Knitting Community

Let us know what you'd like to see!

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How about a video on picking up stitches?
I agree! I always seem to do it "backwards"!
Eventually, we are going to have a huge video library on the knitting community with tutorials to do every knitting technique. In the meantime, I refer to this article on Knitty when I need to pick up stitches. http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/FEATwin04TT.html
AMEN... and getting stitches back on the needle correctly after frogging???
The entire Lucy Neatby DVD series, especially Knitting Essentials 1 and 2. Her cool sock patterns also. She's a wonderful artist who demystifies endless professional designer techniques in an entertaining way.
We already carry them - you can find a full list right here!
I would love to see a detailed video on how to pick up stitches around the neckline.

Also I would like to see 1. how to join bound off shoulder stitches 2. detailed video illustrating instead of binding off shoulder stitches that are staggered how to do a 3 needle bindoff without holes where they are staggered. Hope you can make sense out of No. 2!
I just did this with a sweater I just finished using short row shaping at the shoulders and binding them off at the top with a 3-needle bind-off and it looks very smooth. I use the book The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniches by Nancy M. Wiseman. It is a book that I go back to time and time again because it has everything from cast-ons, increases, decreases, bind-offs, edgings, button holes, picking up stitches, Kitchener stitch, etc. You might be able to check it out of your local library to see if you want to purchase it. Also knittinghelp.com has a short video showing short-rows here: http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/advanced-techniques and sloped and 3-needle bind-off here: http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/casting-off. Hope this helps, but these would be great videos to add to the Knitpicks collection!
I would to learn how to knit flowers

Thank you
Great idea! I would also love a video on this!
I would love to see a video on entrelac knitting. Everytime I try, I get confused by the pick up stitches. I would love to create a few projects with this technique for around the house.
If you can find a book about knitting socks, that would show you how to pick up stitches. It's one of the skills in knitting that is just lost in a narrative ... you need pictures to do it justice. Luckily, I'd knit a few pair of socks before I tried entrelac, so it wasn't too difficult. Good luck with entrelac. It is fairly fast and very distinctive.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service