Knitting Community

Let us know what you'd like to see!

Views: 153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How about a video on picking up stitches?
I agree! I always seem to do it "backwards"!
Eventually, we are going to have a huge video library on the knitting community with tutorials to do every knitting technique. In the meantime, I refer to this article on Knitty when I need to pick up stitches.
AMEN... and getting stitches back on the needle correctly after frogging???
The entire Lucy Neatby DVD series, especially Knitting Essentials 1 and 2. Her cool sock patterns also. She's a wonderful artist who demystifies endless professional designer techniques in an entertaining way.
We already carry them - you can find a full list right here!
I would love to see a detailed video on how to pick up stitches around the neckline.

Also I would like to see 1. how to join bound off shoulder stitches 2. detailed video illustrating instead of binding off shoulder stitches that are staggered how to do a 3 needle bindoff without holes where they are staggered. Hope you can make sense out of No. 2!
I just did this with a sweater I just finished using short row shaping at the shoulders and binding them off at the top with a 3-needle bind-off and it looks very smooth. I use the book The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniches by Nancy M. Wiseman. It is a book that I go back to time and time again because it has everything from cast-ons, increases, decreases, bind-offs, edgings, button holes, picking up stitches, Kitchener stitch, etc. You might be able to check it out of your local library to see if you want to purchase it. Also has a short video showing short-rows here: and sloped and 3-needle bind-off here: Hope this helps, but these would be great videos to add to the Knitpicks collection!
I would to learn how to knit flowers

Thank you
Great idea! I would also love a video on this!
I would love to see a video on entrelac knitting. Everytime I try, I get confused by the pick up stitches. I would love to create a few projects with this technique for around the house.
If you can find a book about knitting socks, that would show you how to pick up stitches. It's one of the skills in knitting that is just lost in a narrative ... you need pictures to do it justice. Luckily, I'd knit a few pair of socks before I tried entrelac, so it wasn't too difficult. Good luck with entrelac. It is fairly fast and very distinctive.

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2015   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service