Knitting Community

Have a question that doesn't fit into any of the other categories?

Post it here, and we'll try to answer it!

Views: 3364

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you're talking about the Sipalu bag, you might want to try joining the knitalong that we're hosting. The members in that knitalong have been posting pictures of their projects and answer questions for each other.
Thank you
I was browsing around yesterday and did come across the Sipalu bag knit along. I saw some pictures of the work in progress. Looks kinda scary though. Sooo today I peeked again and I just love the bag.Maybe,just maybe I'll muster enough courage to give it a try
You'll find all the Knitalongs, just in case you haven't located them yet, under the third tab at the top of this page, "Meet & Share" --> Knitalongs.

Please feel free to join us in the UFO Knitalong too! :-)

And welcome to the KnitPicks Community!
I ordered my Mom some of the worsted weight Wool of the Andes in Painted Desert dye lot 3 44750 for her birthday. Well she is on the ribbing and is out of yarn. Does anyone have a couple of balls of this dyelot left over? If you do or if Knit Picks does would you please let me know. I really appreciate it.
Norma
Hi Norma,
I checked our inventory, and we have sold out of that dye lot. We do still have the Painted Desert colorway in stock though. I've had the same thing happen to me (actually, I ran out of yarn twice for a sweater before) and if you stripe the new dye lot with the old dye lot for a few inches before transitioning to the new dye lot, it makes it harder to notice that you began knitting with a new dye lot.
I just purchased the Felici sock yarn and it is gorgeous. I want to knit them NOW! I need help finding the exact same pattern that is used on knit picks website it looks like a 2 inch rib pattern at the top. I called knit picks and the woman on the phone didn't understand what I meant when I said pattern. She thought I wanted to know about the self striping "pattern" but I really want the socks to look just like the picture on their website. PLEASE HELP!
I would recommend a basic sock pattern. There are so many out there. Make the ribbing the legth YOU want. I'm sure you may have several patterns or books for socks, so just look for a basic one. Good luck with you socks. I know they will be gorgeous.
The only sock patterns I know about at the KP website are here:
http://www.knitpicks.com/Sock+Knitting+Patterns_PL300211.html

But, I suspect you've already looked there. Have you looked in current and past catalogs? They usually tell you if you can download the pattern from the website or which book it is found in. If the one you are looking for is in the current catalog, you can view it online:
http://www.knitpicks.com/Catalogs/online_catalog.cfm?intmedid=Main2...

Failing that, I've been scouring books because I'm getting ready to start learning to knit socks.
My hands down favorites so far:

"Teach Yourself Visually: Sock Knitting" by Laura Chau
"Getting Started Knitting Socks" by Ann Budd
"I Can't Believe I'm Knitting Socks"
"Easy Knitted Socks" by Jeanette Trotman

Each of the first three have generic ribbed cuff sock. Sorry... I don't know which specific pattern you are looking for, but maybe one of these will prove to be helpful?
I have knitted socks with Felici, it is a great sock yarn, but i found that each skein has a different look, I even tried going to the same look on the yarn to start and it did not look exactly like the other sock, maybe it is the dye pattern, I would knit and enjoy the socks. Irene
What are the patterns used in the "Knitting Pretty " wallpaper? The dark purple in the upper left corner and also the ligher heather one in the upper middle? Thanks for your time and help.
Hi Judy,

Both stitch patterns are from Barbara Walker's A Treasury of Knitting Patterns (we do not currently carry the book). The darker one is "Madeira Leaf Stitch Border" from page 232, and the lighter one is "Fleurette" from page 221.

-Melissa
I can't find any instructions on how to make two, can make one, but not two. rec'd instructions from someone else and I ended up with just the yarn wrapped around the needle and couldn't make a stitch, can someone help me please, new to this and I appreciate your help.

Joyce B.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service