Knitting Community

Have a question that doesn't fit into any of the other categories?

Post it here, and we'll try to answer it!

Views: 3369

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm new to this forum, so don't know if this will reach anybody, but my question is:  Does anyone know what happened to

Knitting Paradise website??

Thanks so much,

Enid

Enid, you might check out the different knitalongs. Currently the most active groups are Ask the Fairy Godknitters and the Spin Along. But if one of the groups appears helpful to you, just jump in and post. Many of us still follow all or most of the forums. I belong to all of them and receive messages when anyone posts. If I don't have an answer, I might know who does.

Are you talking about this site? I've never really used that site so I don't know if it has ever looked different.

Are you a member of Ravelry? I lurked there for years before becoming active because I found it very overwhelming because it is so large. And there are some groups over there that are not nearly as friendly as here. But then there are also groups that are very friendly. I just avoid the groups that I don't feel are friendly.

Just pop in anywhere here and someone will usually help. If you have problems navigating the site, someone will help.

Thank you sooooo much, yes, it is "this site", I am a member of Raverly but have never looked at their forum.

Thanks also for the other sites you mentioned.

Enid

You are more than welcome.

I am planning to knit a nativity for Christmas.  I want to use Palette and have a question I hope someone can answer.

What color would be appropriate for a Caucasian flesh tone? 

Thank you,

Faith

That's a tough one, Faith.  All the peachy/coral/pinky colors are way too dark for skin tones.  I think the one that would best represent a caucasian flesh tone is Oyster Heather.  But it would only be a representation, since this is definitely an off white color.  You might try dyeing it in a little bit of strawberry/lemonade mixture of kool-aid to achieve the right color.  If you don't want to experiment with the dyeing yourself, I could try some out for you.

Faith, I have a Christmas stocking that I do. It is extremely hard to find flesh tones in most yarns. I was fortunate enough to find a Jo Sharp DK weight that is perfect but it was discontinued years ago. I suggest you think about looking into tapestry yarns. There is a much wider selection of flesh tone colors. This was one of my options until I found this Jo Sharp. I think it would probably work well with Palette.

Thank you for the suggestions.  I think I will try tea dying the yarn.  I made a doll a while back and used cream yarn.  I then buffed mineral makeup into the finished doll.  It worked really well, but it is a bit unconventional.  The thing is, I got the right color and was able to pink up the cheeks a bit. 

Because the mineral makeup was pure pigment, it didn't transfer to your hands when the doll was handled.

I just feel like this is such a goofy method.  I am a bit of a purest when it comes to knitting....maybe I should just go for it, and call myself revolutionary!! LOL!!

Very interesting.

Hi!  I made a lil cuddle sack for a baby shower, and a hat and working on the blanket now, but my question is, will the girl know what the cuddle sack is or should I print off a small picture and pin it to it?  I dont want to be embarrassed with her asking what it is. 

Attachments:

Mary, very cute baby sack. Do you have a doll you could place in it? Just a thought.

I wished I had one to see how the fit would be, but I do not.  What were you thinking?  :)

Chances are real big I will send the gift off and not be able to attend. 

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service