Knitting Community

Have a question that doesn't fit into any of the other categories?

Post it here, and we'll try to answer it!

Views: 3403

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Stacey,
Thanks so much. I didn't save the entire catalog just the page with the illustration of the shawl. The catalog was at least four years old. I scanned the page in, hopefully this will help you.

Thanks
Emily Stamm
Hi, I'm new to the community but a long time fan and customer of Knitpicks. I have a question and I'm not sure where to post it. I have just finished knitting my first sweater for myself. It is the Roll Edge Cardigan and I knit it in Comfyl My problem is how do you keep the ends woven in with cotton? No matter what I do they seem to come unraveled. I tried using fabric glue but it dries too stiff. Any solutions? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, Penny
Hi Penny,

I've had that issue with my Comfy sweater - I used on the Sitcom Chic sweater from Knitty. It's the nature of cotton yarn vs wool. What I did to combat it is make sure the length of the end to weave in is long and weaved it under several stitches. It has helped on my sweater, other members of the community may have other suggestions.

Hope that helps!
Stacey
Customer Service
There is a podcast from a few months ago where they talk about weaving in ends on different yarns. One of the designers made the statement that with a good cotton yarn like Comfy, it is nearly impossible to make the ends stay in. I have knitted several items this spring using Comfy, and in each case, I TIED the end off. It is the only thing that works for me.
We also have a video tutorial on how to weave in slippery yarn ends right here.
I dont' know if I am putting this out in the right place but I am still looking for help on the edging directions for the Pie Are Square Shawl by Elizabeth Zimmerman. The shawl was featured in an old catalog (about 4 years ago). I don't believe that the edging shown in the catalog was the one used in Knitting Around by Ms. Zimmerman. I am attaching a photo of the catalog. If anyone has made the shawl as shown in the catalog (quite beautiful in Shimmer) I would really appreciate your help.
Emily Stamm

Has anyone used Kookaburra with a high efficiency washer?
Yes, I did, but not with a wool item. It worked fine
How much did you use? Did you just fill up the usual detergent slot for liquid?
No, I was only washing a very small amount of fabric, and I think I put 1 or 2 of the Kookaburra caps full of the solution. I was washing a pair of super wash socks, a poncho and some baby bibs.
I don't know if this has been asked before, if it has i apologize. There was a podcast quite some time ago about shawls and some of the different types. Is there somewhere that I can find out about the different types (the traditional names, and shape) and how they are best worn?
Hi,

I did a search of the Podcasts and found podcast 59 Lace tips & tricks. I think that might be the one you are looking for.

Sincerely,
Georgianna
Customer Service

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service