Knitting Community

Is there a pattern you'd like to see? Post about it here!

Views: 455

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd love to see more sock patterns, esp ones that use different constuctions (For example the new cookie A patterns and the ones in Cat Bordhi's pathways book. ) As far as I'm concerned, there are never enough new interesting sock patterns. ;)

and... I'd really like it if the suggested patterns on your site weren't usually in a book that you need to buy to make the item. You have some great knitpicks patterns, some free, some not, I'd be much more likely to buy a download or one pattern that I really liked than a whole book. I have A LOT of books.
I don't want to give away any surprises, but we may just have some new Knit Picks patterns in the works... :)
"and... I'd really like it if the suggested patterns on your site weren't usually in a book that you need to buy to make the item. You have some great knitpicks patterns, some free, some not, I'd be much more likely to buy a download or one pattern that I really liked than a whole book."

Same here! I like the books, but I can't afford a lot and would be more likely buy a single pattern on several occasions as I got the funds, than let the money burn a hole in my pocket while I save for the book. :)

Also, I'd like to see a pattern for knitted curtains sometime..... I'm working on a pattern right now but I would like to see some others.
Hey, I have same problems with books. There are certain patterns I love to have. What I do to solve this solutation is go to library, and I admit I scanned some certain pictures, and patterns (warning... read whole before which there are sometimes have special instructions in different page).. And I often look around for more patterns from library. One book I fell in love is "Untangle Cables" It is most beautiful blankets, sweaters, etc.

I agree, I don't want to buy an entire book for one pattern.  That would never happen for me.

FWIW - I love the "Configure Yarn for your Project" feature on the KP website. It's like buying a kit except I have complete choice over colors. And all the colors are right there to choose from! Add an "add to cart" button for the needles too and it would be almost perfect. (Perfect would be a discounted price if I buy the whole set!)
My mom loves socks like these, http://www.victoriantradingco.com/store/catalogimages/2b/2b16.jpg , and has been wanting a pair for a long time. I'm too cheap to buy them though, knowing I could knit them. Do you know of a basic sock pattern that looks similar (Just the sock.... I'd add my lace later with my design) I do want to knit them toe up, two at once. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me!!
I was very lucky. I found Knit Picks not too long after I learned to knit, so I've been enjoying all of the new information and services for a while. I have downloaded and used several of your free patterns, with much success. I also purchased several individual patterns and some books and booklets too.

I check out the free pattern sections frequently for new ideas, and also look at new patterns in general to see if anything catches my eye.

I'm surprised that you don't have more individual patterns for simple things like wash/dish clothes. It's a great opportunity for patterns.

One of the patterns in your repertoire was from a book which I purchased. I bought the Knit Picks yarn suggested on your site, and found that it was a little bit thin for this particular application. The book suggested something in a heavier yarn. Not all Worsted Weight yarn (from different companies) feels the same.

Keep up the good work though, with the number of members joining this site, I'm sure you are tapping into an infinite channel for creativity and ideas for future work.
I'd like to find some information on double knitting. I've looked through some of my knitting techniques books and can't find any instructions. I'd like to make a scarf using the technique and maybe two colors. It could be striped, checked differnt color on each side, I'm not locked into any specific design except that it be a double knit.
I also love doing double knitting. I think that the free Exchequered pattern has very good instructions and it quite cute: http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/PATTexchequered.html
I used the same directions, but made a scarf that was a different solid color on each side.

Also, there is a gorgeous double knitted scarf with mirrored vertical stripes called the "Stained Glass Scarf" in Melanie Falick's Handknit Holidays.
I love te Lace-Rib Shrug shown on the inside back cover of the July 2008 knitpicks catalog. Is the pattern available? Or is it going to be? This would be perfect for my mom for Christmas! Thanks!
We've just released the Lace-Rib Shrug. Here is the link: http://www.knitpicks.com/lace-rib%20shrug%20pattern_PD50644220.html?

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service