Knitting Community

Have you substituted Knit Picks yarns for the suggested yarn in your pattern? Share your success stories and pictures here!

Tags: substitution, yarn

Views: 2362

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Absolutely lovely! And what a terrific birthday gift for a lucky friend.

My sister in Southern California was surprised with her first grandchild at 50 and the baby's first birthday is next month. I'm almost finished with the toddler cover sweater in the most recent Little Rowan. The pattern called for 7 CC colors and 3 balls MC (total 10) of imported Rowan $9.00/skein cotton yarn. Yowza! I substituted my favorite Shine Sport and was even able to get gauge of 7sts/1" on size 3 needles. It looks even better than the pattern in Shine Sport! And I was able to do it for only $26.00. Will finish within the week and post photo of finished sweater. I had enough left over for matching beanie!

Hurray, what a great success story for substituting yarns! Be sure to post some pictures, too :)

Excellent!

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service